100 wet shot on 3.8 = definite 13s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 wet shot on 3.8 = definite 13s?

right now i still have my dry kit hooked up..but as i've mentioned..im thinking of switching to a wet setup again since i got my bottle pressure figured out..i was just wondering..has anybody who was running in the 15s NA ever sprayed a 100 wet shot (correctly..without problems..etc)..and NOT hit 13s??..i was looking at the timeslips page but it doesnt say what shot size people ran
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

I haven't heard of anyone spraying a 100 dry shot on a "properly" running car and not hit 13s at a good altitude.

Comment

i ask because looking at my NA numbers and going by the weight of my car..it SHOULD be in the 13s on a 100 dry shot..but looking at other people's times..who ran FASTER than me NA..people seem to get about 1.5 seconds out of a 100 dry shot and about 2.0 - 2.5 seconds out of a 100 wet shot..just various members..thats a big difference..
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

I dunno yet what I will be getting with my 100 shot, I have to get to the track and find out yet. Probably going to install my fuel pump this weekend so I will be all set for it.

You should be in high 13s on a wet shot with your car I would imagine, unless you have something else messed up.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i've looked at so much stuff on HP Tuners that i unfortunately didnt save..but everything looked all good..my car is just slow lol ..15.6 NA :( ..97rs ..do you know what you run NA?..cuz i see you got into the 14s on just a 50 shot

Comment

100 shot wet on a 15 second car DOES NOT guarentee a 13 second pass.

SOOOO many factors.
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Yeah for sure a 200 shot wouldnt even make sure you get 13's you can have all the power in the world and if u dont know how to drive or how to plant 100 shot of nitrous to the ground without spinning or chattering the gearbox you will only end up with broken parts. Right tire to suspension setup is a must cause you might spray 100 dry and it wont even feel close to 100 wet cause of all the extra torque applied to the wheels.
              <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

Originally posted by slacker69:
                Yeah for sure a 200 shot wouldnt even make sure you get 13's you can have all the power in the world and if u dont know how to drive or how to plant 100 shot of nitrous to the ground without spinning or chattering the gearbox you will only end up with broken parts. Right tire to suspension setup is a must cause you might spray 100 dry and it wont even feel close to 100 wet cause of all the extra torque applied to the wheels.
                COMPLETELY true!!!!

I'll go 11's on a 100 shot.....but I have the right suspension and other mods complementing my set up.

Hell, I knock off 2 FULL seconds with my 100 shot....

You must have the right set up, traction and driving ability.
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

^ true..but you also had ported heads and headers (for the 120 dry)..which i dont have :( ..my suspension setup and all other mods are on my home page..check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ April 13, 2005, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: 1DangerousV6 ]

Comment

Maybe let someone else look at your tune EVERY tune is different you can't compare really.

For your mods, and a 15.6 there HAS to be something going on.

And in my first post by properly I meant properly setup to handle the power ;)

your suspension looks ok, If you were running the 18s I KNOW they are hurting you, I know you mentioned you switched to 16s at 1 point, did you also reflash the PCM for different tire height?

Are your shiftpoints correct with gearing and tireheight factored in?

Comment

There's a thread about a N/A 3.8 Firebird with no engine work running 13's. I think he has 4.10s and drives like a champ though.
                      Buying in August: LS-1

Comment

yah i dont have any suspension stuff in the front but where it matters most for nitrous..in the rear..i thought it was ok too..shift points were recalculated automatically by HP Tuners when i changed to 3.42s ..my tire hieght on the 18s was already set at 26"..so i didnt change it when i put the 16s on cuz the M/Ts are 26"..i couldnt understand it..i ran consistant times too..15.67, 15.67, and 15.68 ..60's were 2.0 ..but those times are close to FACTORY..but i couldnt see anything wrong..if i post my bin file here for a 98..can other people that own different years look at it?..

Comment

100shot wet you should be in 13s easy as long as you get a decent 60 foot time (at least 2.3) and are a half decent driver. My friend's v6 stang has 4.10s, shift kit, intake and catback exhaust ran a 13.9 @ 101 on a 100shot wet with crappy weather and a 2.4 60 foot time. He ran a 15.8 n/a when he ran that time.
                          \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

nice..i know my 60' is better than that too..and i think i can keep spin to a minimum after some runs..once i run a 100 wet shot im thinking i should be around 13.4 - 13.6 @ 100 - 102..maybe 103

Comment

I ran a 15.8 NA the day I went 14.9 on the 50 shot. I have since done more things and going to the track here in the next couple weeks. Need to get my fuel pump installed for my 100 shot, gonna try doing it this weekend.
                              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X