Nitrous System question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous System question

I was looking into buying a nitrous system and I found this at LMPerformance.com

- NX GM Stage I EFI Single Nozzle system, 10 lds bottle
    Utilizing the patented "Shark" nozzle, these systems are fully adjustable, 35,50,75 horsepower for 4 cylinder and V-6 applications, and up to 150h.p. for V-8 and V-12 cars. These systems require no engine modifications, operate on stock fuel pumps, and require no timing retards. The ultimate solution to make your import a "Rocket". Any horsepower settings above the recommended levels require "NX Power Booster" fuel additive to prevent detonation.Includes 14 feet of tubing and W.O.T. activation switch. -

Now I dont know much about nitrous but how safe would this kit be without changing the timing or anything else. I want a faster car not a broken one. :D Also from reading other post I figure that my stock engine could take a 75 shot..or am I wrong?
    99 3.8L M5, SSRA kit, Whisper Air Lid, Flowmaster Cat Back, Pro 5.0 Shifter

I have that same kit. However, you will also need a few safety devices in additio to the WOT switch. Namely a Window Switch and a Fuel Pressure Safety Switch.

With those devices, you should be able to run a 75 shot on your stock motor. However, notice I did not say "Safely". Even a 75 shot with all the safety devices can bite you. You need to read every thread in this forum for the past 6 months before you even think about ordering a kit (take special note of my thread labeld "Nitrous Backfire".

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c;f=3;t=001632

Keep in mind, I have all the safety devices you can get. This perticular problem happened because of a lean condition caused by too small fuel injectors.

Read up and then think about the kit.
    2001 Firebird 3.8L V6 M5,<br />It once had....<br />NX Nitrous Wet Kit, ZZP X-P Hot Cam, <br />3.42 LSD, Pacesetter Headers, <br />36# Injectors, HP Tuners<br />322 RWHP, 379 RWTQ<br />13.596 @ 102.56 w/100 shot

Comment

http://mods.firebirdv6.com/nitrous.html

If your car runs fine now... it should not be an issue... if there is a weak link... nitrous will find it and break it.
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Thanks guys. I will be doing some more research just to be on the safe side.
        99 3.8L M5, SSRA kit, Whisper Air Lid, Flowmaster Cat Back, Pro 5.0 Shifter

Comment

Check out a book by Joe Petit, VERY good stuff!
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X