HELP!!!..no nitrous regulator??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!..no nitrous regulator??

so i've still been having the same damn problem..car completely surges when the nitrous is activated..i've gone over the system and trouble shooting a million times..i cant find the problem..i took off the nitrous pressure regulator and took out the bypass tee..then stuck the nozzle before the MAF so it will read the juice..now..the car runs GREAT..and the injectors behave pretty close to the way they were before

my question is..is it ok to run like this??..i thought there were a few guys on here running dry kits without the bypass tee and regulator and just letting the MAF handle it..i was running a 100 shot
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

the trouble shooter says that if the car surges its either not enough nitrous supply or too much fuel supply (no sh*t)..i took the nitrous hose off the nozzle and hit the WOT switch with my finger and i get plenty of spray..so im wondering..is it possible my MSD pump is supplying TOO much fuel now that i dont have the blower???
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

What the heck is a "Nitrous Pressure Regulator" and what is the "Bypass Tee"???
      2001 Firebird 3.8L V6 M5,<br />It once had....<br />NX Nitrous Wet Kit, ZZP X-P Hot Cam, <br />3.42 LSD, Pacesetter Headers, <br />36# Injectors, HP Tuners<br />322 RWHP, 379 RWTQ<br />13.596 @ 102.56 w/100 shot

Comment

the nitrous pressure regulator senses how much nitrous is flowing through the main feed line..it then applies the correct amount of additional pressure to the fuel rail via a vacuum line that runs to the cars fuel pressure regulator

the bypass tee splices into this vacuum line and houses a 42 jet..this jet is what controls how much pressure CAN be added to the rail..a 42 jet is good up to a 120 shot..if you go to..say..a 150 shot..you have to put a smaller jet in the bypass in order to apply MORE pressure to the fuel rail

so that is what controls the extra fuel on a dry kit..this is REQUIRED if you run the nozzle after the MAF since the MAF wont read the nitrous and make adjustments..right now..i dont have any of that..i just have a nitrous nozzle stuck in before the MAF..thats it..and i coulda sworn there were a couple members here running like that

NOS tech says you CAN run like this..but its not as "safe" as running with all that stuff..

Comment

That makes sence but please tell me you are not running that with a wet kit? I can see where it would work on a dry kit but you would not want that on a wet kit.
          2001 Firebird 3.8L V6 M5,<br />It once had....<br />NX Nitrous Wet Kit, ZZP X-P Hot Cam, <br />3.42 LSD, Pacesetter Headers, <br />36# Injectors, HP Tuners<br />322 RWHP, 379 RWTQ<br />13.596 @ 102.56 w/100 shot

Comment

no no..i added these parts when i switched back to dry..

it seems like i have two options if im gonna run dry..put all that crap back on and try it without the MSD pump on..or just run like i am..but i want to get opinions on that

Comment

I run the MSD in line pump with a 100 wet shot and other then the Spec Stage 3 clutch not holding :mad: , it works great. Can you log a run (with the changes I told you about) that shows the surging? E-mail it to me.

Comment

sure man..i'll be doing that this weekend..i found an old post of mine..i WAS running juice with the MSD pump and no blower and it was totally fine..the only change i can think of was going from 3.08s to 3.42s over the winter..but i dont see why that would change it so much..the dry kit was set up EXACLY the same

Comment

i took 3 good 1/4 mile runs and the car performs AWESOME (except for a slight backfire in the exhaust on the 1 --&gt; 2 shift..im long over due for a new K&N filter)..no misfires or codes or anything..just fast as hell!..

Comment

I thought peeps with the dry kit always ran it before the MAF and let the computer make up for the nitrous? That is how I always understood how dry kits work. I would say leave it up to the computer to add the extra fuel for ya
                    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

^ thats what im thinking..watching it on HP Tuners it seems to be working fine....

[ April 08, 2005, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: 1DangerousV6 ]

Comment

I can't keep up with what you do anymore.

List your mods.

Tell us what you did... we go from there
                        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X