Zex Dry Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zex Dry Kit

I have the zex dry kit and it says it can give anywhere from a 25-75hp boost is this because the biggest jet that cam with the kit is 75 or is it all the kit can spray? ( Could I spray a 100shot by changing jets?)

What Is the most I should spray on a 3.4l that is completely rebuild from bottom up including +.25 over and all new bearings with all compcam valve train and larger fuel injectors(didn't get forged pistions though)

most likely you can spray higher than a 75 shot..but i would go much over that on your engine
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

yea you can spray higher, your kit came with jets up to 75 though. You would need to buy new jets to go over 75.
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Also, some bottles will not flow enough nitrous to feed a 100 shot. You need a high flow valve. Just something else to check on.
        2001 Firebird 3.8L V6 M5,<br />It once had....<br />NX Nitrous Wet Kit, ZZP X-P Hot Cam, <br />3.42 LSD, Pacesetter Headers, <br />36# Injectors, HP Tuners<br />322 RWHP, 379 RWTQ<br />13.596 @ 102.56 w/100 shot

Comment

How do I know if i have a high flow valve?

Comment

you can just get bigger jets, they are like $4 apiece on their website... i have that kit.
            later,<br />alan<br />1999 bright red v6<br />3800 series III<br />208\\210 comp cam<br />3000 stall edge tc

Comment

Did you just buy nitrous w/o knowing any aspect of it?

If yes, don't change anything.

Look into a book by Joe Pettit about nitrous systems.

VERY informative!

You will learn ALOT!!
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

well i got a zex dry kit for free!!! My friend took it off his car before he traded it in. I sprayed a 75 shot all last year with no problem I am going to move up to a 100 shot but i think I should get a in tank pump and fuel pressure regulator first.

12seoundv6 how much are you spraying?

Comment

Before upping the shot, I'd like to see you read up on nitrous a bit more, trust me man!

100 shot, wet, TNT

Comment

anyone know how many solenoids are in that little magic box? i was looking at this it a little. a lot of other kits i see have two inline 'noids. are there 2 in the zex system? also, if not, could you add a second inline noid before the nmu (the little purple box with all the vaccum stuff and noid etc...)?

[ April 21, 2005, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I think Zex is the devil [img]tongue.gif[/img]

They advertise... "everything in a little box" hopefully someone who has this kit can enlighten us. I have yet to see one in erson on 1 of our cars.

Comment

i was thinking maybe a zex kit with another brand's solenoid in line before it, maybe a fpss on the solenoid? then after all that jazz a zex nmu.

an article i found on zex:
                        http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/57138/

[ April 21, 2005, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Why mix kits?..... NOS makes a prooven kit for our cars

Comment

im interested in the zex because it says that the nitrous regulator will compensate for bottle pressure, where the NOS kit will not, it just regulates at a constant rate, regardless of bottle pressure. this is of course zex's company claim, but id like to know if anyone knows whether there is any validity to the claim.

also, its a heck of a lot easier to find a nice used zex kit for sale than a 5175 kit. though, i guess a lot of the other nos kits are similar to the 5175, like the lt1 kit. i just dont know what differences are significant with the different nos dry kits, and which differences dont matter. for instance, are all the nitrous regulator's the same?

i have to admit, i'd still feel more comfortable with a nos kit than zex, just based on reputation alone, but id like to know the hard facts on what makes the kits so different, hence all the research (questions, etc)

theres a lot of articles and explanations on how the zex kit works floating around out there, but none of them are very technical. they leave a lot of mystery to the innards of that little purple box (the nmu). Even zex's own website isnt all that helpful imo.

[ April 21, 2005, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Very true, I completely agree with you.

NOS is a simple basic prooven kit.

Zex uses their "magical box" which leaves a void of information.

I think we have/ had 1 member who had this kit.... I'll keep an eye out at the next import shootout (Zex tends to turn up on those days)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X