Progress made!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress made!

so i was still having a lot of trouble with the wet kit..i was logging runs..everything was looking good..i couldnt figure it out..so just to get back to square one..i switched back to a dry setup..and i was STILL having trouble..everything was as it was before..dry kit..premium fuel..all the changes i made were mechanical..except for the PCM..so i flashed it back to stock and only made the changes to make it run cool and recalibrate for the new gear ratio..took it for a spin with a 120 shot..HOLYYYYY SH*T!! ..it is SOOO FAST!..probably the fastest car i've ever been behind the wheel of..i went from 36mph to 97mph in 3.8 seconds!..im running as fast NA now as i was on the blower before.. 14.9 - 15.1 ..except before i was adding an 85 shot..now its set at 120 and DAMN!!..i was very pleased..the injectors look fine..getting a bit of KR..so i've got a little tuning to do..and im not sure yet what was causing the problem..i'll have to dig through the other file..but whether or not i get off my @ss and switch back to wet or stay dry..i think i am in for some very nice results at the track [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Originally posted by 1DangerousV6:
    i went from 36mph to 97mph in 3.8 seconds!
    maybe im drunk, but what do you trap in the 1/4? im guessing somewhere around 97ish

so unless it takes you 10 seconds to get to 36 MPH something cant be right
    -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

103 in sig ;) ..it probably took me like 3 seconds to get to 36..then you figure about 4 seconds to get to 97..then figure another 5 or 6 to finish im guessing..as you go faster and you get farther down the 1/4 it gets harder and and harder and takes longer to gain mph..i dunno i was just stop watching the logged file..basically im hoping its good for 12s [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

EDIT -- crap..i was looking again..actually..that was BEFORE i recalibrated for the 3.42s..the car still thought it had 3.08s..so the speedometer was off..but the point is i basically gained..i dunno..40mph in 4 seconds..and it was good..hoping to add a few to that 103 :D

[ March 26, 2005, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: 1DangerousV6 ]
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Well.... get it to the track! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

def. switch to the wet kit again man. Will be even better
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
            Well.... get it to the track! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            yeah yeah you lucky bastards and your open track lol..the track opens here in a couple weeks and im really excited to get it there!

i think i want to hit it up dry first..and then see what kind of gain i get wet..that would be pretty cool..plus at this point im just feeling that i dont wanna mess with a good thing [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yea a few weeks yet for my local tracks to open as well. I can understand you don't wanna mess with something working good.
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Drive here [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'll be running again next Sat ;)

Comment

yeah those people on the GSP thought they were crazy till they came up against me hahaha..anyways....you gonna be spraying??

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life:
                    def. switch to the wet kit again man. Will be even better
                    x2
                    \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

Nope.... N/A.....again....but... w/ et streets in prep for @ss

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X