Built Engine for Nitrous use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built Engine for Nitrous use

Just a curiosity question. With a billet 4.2 crank, coated Diomond pistons, l32 rods with a final CR of 10.5:1 would it be safe to run a 75 dry shot of nitrous? A cam and full valvetrain upgrade would be done as well. Just thinking about it before building up the engine, but i will probably stick with the turbos and go with a 9:1 CR.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

With those heavy duty parts, I would feel save running a 200 shot of nitrous.
    1999 red camaro v6 M5: with a turbo<br />13.52@107.99<br />No, seriously: Who Farted? <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086</a>

Comment

yea you would be safe, also depends on your cam and valvetrain. Getting a nitrous cam would be even better with your built motor and nitrous.
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Really? I know it would make nitrous much safer to use but I didnt expect that kind of a difference. I forgot to add PNP heads and intake to that list as well. I think more seriously about nitrous but i know so much more about FI already.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

As log as you have enough fuel you can make as much power as you want.. I have the same rods and pistons in my motor and the pistons can handle 1000hp and the rods 700hp..
          Jeff ..
          1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
          2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
          1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
          http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Originally posted by 1998silverbird:
            As log as you have enough fuel you can make as much power as you want.. I have the same rods and pistons in my motor and the pistons can handle 1000hp and the rods 700hp..
            And the crank.... not so much.
            As long as that 4.2 crank is not the offset ground ZZP pile of turd, the yeah, youre ok to run a lot of juice.
            1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
            1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Nope its a billet crank made by COME racing, more info on this can be found it a post i put up in advanced tech.

Comment

You not only need enough fuel, but more importantly, ENOUGH OCTANE. With those two things, the rest of your setup will handle 150+.
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Enough fuel and the right octane is crucial.

With a billet crank and forged internals.... you could have some SERIOUS fun!

Hell.... I've jetted up to 125 (a couple of times) on my junkyard engine
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I am going to be using 91-93 octane for everyday driving and probably 110 octane at the track when i turn up the boost or nitrous if i do go this rout. Also a walbro 255 will be going in very soon, i just dont know about bigger injectors until i get a tuner (i dont want the results you got from bigger injectors james). A 150+ wet shot seems perfectly attainable with this setup now that i have read up a little more. I would only be using the juice at the track, so would a nitrous cam give me any problems for every day driving (stalling is my only worry). I was thinking a GT2 Cam would be fine if i went nitrous, and would add some pretty decent NA hp. I dont care about lumpy idle just stalling and i want to make power up to 6200-6500rpm not any higher.

Comment

The GT2 cam or the XP hot cam has shown good numbers as well with some guys here.
                      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

You would see a lot better results on the spray if you went with a split duration cam favoring exhaust w/ a little wider LSA and still put down good N/A with it.

I am a big fan of the intense stage 1 N/A cam although it's not a HUGE cam I belive of all the "pregrinds" out there it would be the best for both N/A AND nitrous!

Comment

^ yup..if its being driven on more than just the track..you really want the best of both N/A AND nitrous..since of course most of the time you are not spraying..all three of the cams mentioned above would serve you well on juice..*thinks* hmmm..i havent touched the crank yet.... :D
                          <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

XP hot cam ;)

I run stock pound injectors now.....

Run 93 octane minimum now... and 100 octane for nitrous days
                            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X