Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneeky Pete on a Stock 3,4 ?

Hi !

Is it save to run a dry Sneeky Pete Kit on a stock V6 3,4L ?

And what you guys think about this Kits ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7962292134

Pretty cheap,....
    Will this work ?
    Or harm the Engine ?
    <i><b><br />1995 Convertible - - JUICED <br />There´s a difference between living and being alive - <a href=\"http://members.inode.at/christian.pichler\" target=\"_blank\">www.CLC1.de</a></b></i>

Sneaky pete is a small shot probably wouldn't even be noticeable, and also you would run out of nitrous VERY QUICKLY.

The ebay link that is a joke, you would probably see no gain at all from that.

NOS 5175 is the way to go for beginning kits.

Comment

NOS 5175 is what i went with on my 3.4 camaro.

zero problems and i never changed jets, just used the one provided in the kit. 75 shot or 85, i forget.

WTF is that from ebay, never heard of it, sounds dumb.
      1999 White Ford SVT Lightning.<br /><br />Hoping to dyno @ 450hp/550tq by the end of \'04.

Comment

NOS 5175 research and start with a 50 - 75 shot
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Hee hee.... that link is a joke.... MANY scammers out there!

Try a search on the phrase "sneaky pete" here.... lots of info discussed previously
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Just a rule of thumb I use when shopping on ebay. Scammers can't spell. I don't know why but it just works that way. When they can spell the word 'performance', you shouldn't buy anything from them.

Aside from that, I look at that 'kit' and just shrug my shoulders. :rolleyes:

Comment

Where can I get the NOS 5175 Kit ?
              Did I can run it on a stock engine ?

And what do you think happen if you use the kit from ebay?
              is there really nitrous in the tanks ?
              <i><b><br />1995 Convertible - - JUICED <br />There´s a difference between living and being alive - <a href=\"http://members.inode.at/christian.pichler\" target=\"_blank\">www.CLC1.de</a></b></i>

Comment

go with kit 5175..you can get it from www.summitracing.com by searching part# 05175NOS ..it can be run on a stock engine..you'll need to get some NGK TR6 spark plugs gapped at .035 ..run 92+ octane fuel when using nitrous..you should read up on all of this..the tanks come empty..it is illegal to ship tanks with nitrous in them..call NOS tech or go to www.nosnitrous.com to find the closest fill station
                <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Body:
                  And what do you think happen if you use the kit from ebay?
                  is there really nitrous in the tanks ?
                  DON'T DO IT!

Go to summit racing for nos kit 5175

Search for all the suggested upgrades/ additions

Comment

Do i need safety things like window switch, WOT,....

for the 5175 kit ?

Comment

http://mods.firebirdv6.com/nitrous.html

Somw get one w/ it... some don't

Comment

"Hey man, want to race?"

"Nah, I gotta get some more C02s for my naws."

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
                        1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
                        1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

fuel pressure safety switch is optional..but i would use it since it comes with it..personally i think its a little more useful on a wet kit..a dry kit applies pressure to the rail where the switch reads the pressure..but you can max out the injectors and still run lean..a wet kit takes fuel away from the rail to spray it through the nozzle..but i use it in case of some other failures and recommend others do too..

WOT switch is MANDATORY..DONT spray without this..

the kit comes with these two and a blow down tube which you'll need in order to use it at the track..so you may as well use them..

in addition to the kit you're REALLY going to want a bottle warmer, pressure gauge, and a purge is nice to have too

Comment

Well... i think you have things backwards....

FPSS is MANDATORY!

WOT is not... I have never run one... and don't plan on it... but do suggest them..

Comment

Does anyone have a pic of an installed dry nitrous system on a 3,4L ??

Where on the Air Intake i have to put the injector into ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X