wheres your timing set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheres your timing set?

so my setup is working better and better as i play with it and the tuning..i wish the track was open so i could see the gains..but i can feel it..and thats soon to come..anyways..i've been spraying on 93 octane and my stock timing which is 22* ..however..im wondering if i can raise that a little and run 100 octane..James..if this info is still current..i read that you spray with your timing set at 24* ..so is anyone else spraying with the timing actually advanced??..if so..where is it set?..anybody know what the gain would be?..thanks!
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

I'm pretty sure James is running stock timing,
    and if anything from everything I've heard/read, you won't be able to advance it enough safely to be worth anything.

Let's hear what everyone else says!

Comment

hmmm..then i guess that brings up another question..in the media section (where i was reading this stuff) it says he was running the stock timing..but says that its 24* ..is the timing different for different years or something?..i wouldnt have thought so..but thats what it says (under the photo of his engine)
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

I just looked at 2 stock 97 bins and it looks to me like they were both 22* at 6000, but 24* at 6400?

Comment

weird..so if i were to scan his PCM it would probably say 22 in the high octane table..maybe..i dunno..if it really wouldnt make any difference then i guess it doesnt really matter anyway..thanks man!..but if anyone actually IS spraying on timing over 22*..post here [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

When you say you are running 22*, what cell are you talking about? My spark timming depends on RPM and airflow. While I am at WOT, my timing goes from 22* at 2400 rpms to 26* at 5600 rpms. These are in the .56 - .80 air flow columns. Those are 3* advanced over stock. However, my cam enables me to advance the timing over a stock setup so do not use my settings as an example.
            2001 Firebird 3.8L V6 M5,<br />It once had....<br />NX Nitrous Wet Kit, ZZP X-P Hot Cam, <br />3.42 LSD, Pacesetter Headers, <br />36# Injectors, HP Tuners<br />322 RWHP, 379 RWTQ<br />13.596 @ 102.56 w/100 shot

Comment

Stock timing here on 100 shot and 93-94 octane

If I've run 125 shot in the summer... I've kept timing stock but added 100 octane cam 2
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

from what ive herd but this is from my dad (an old timer but runnin a 9 sec nova)you need to retard the timeing for nitrous!?
                could be dif for are cars though
                o if yer interested the nova is all motor no nos
                1995, 3.4l, v6 automatic, no pcm mods, no cat turbo thrush muffler, dry 100 shot of nos(ended the life of the car befor its time), cai, T.B. heater bypass,

Comment

Yes, when running nitrous timing should be retarded.

As the shot gets higher.... more degrees of timing should be taken out.
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X