bottle warmer booster idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bottle warmer booster idea

i have some trouble getting my tank much over 950 psi even though i have a bottle warmer..i may look into a blanket as well..however..as a snowboarder i am familiar with those hand warmers you open up and they get pretty damn warm..im wondering what thoughts are on slapping a few of those on the bottom rear side of the tank as a little booster [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I dunno how much faster it will speed the process up though. It does take some time to heat a bottle up, I usually start mine up on the way to the track so it is ready when I get there.

Your idea might get expensive to gain a few minutes after awhile though buying all those warmers all the time.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

yeah i usually start heating mine on the way too..those little bastards are expensive..do you use a blanket?..do you think just adding that would take care of it?
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

I don't use a nitrous blanket, but I do throw my own blanket from my house over it to hide it. I say just stick with the heater and don't mess with the packets
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I wouldn't use those. They are too hard to regulate. I used to use those when I played Outdoor paintball, in winter. We'd use them to keep our CO2 tanks warm. After losing a few blow out disks we quit.

I'd say, stick with the bottle warmer and just try to keep the bottle well insulated.
          1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Use the warmer and a blanket. It does not have to be an expensive nitrous bottle blanket, just something to keep the heat in. You will see a world of difference in both time to heat and max psi.
            2001 Firebird 3.8L V6 M5,<br />It once had....<br />NX Nitrous Wet Kit, ZZP X-P Hot Cam, <br />3.42 LSD, Pacesetter Headers, <br />36# Injectors, HP Tuners<br />322 RWHP, 379 RWTQ<br />13.596 @ 102.56 w/100 shot

Comment

Originally posted by 1DangerousV6:
              im wondering what thoughts are on slapping a few of those on the bottom rear side of the tank as a little booster [img]smile.gif[/img]
              Sigh... do that.... and I'm gonna slap you across the face [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I've tried many different methods...
              Bottle in warm water
              Heating pads
              Etc

Never done the torch... NEVER will.

As for ... not going over 950 psi.... do you still have the thermostat on the warmer still attatched?

I do NOT run them on my warmers.

I don't have ANY problems getting BOTH bottles to normal operating temp's

NX makes a better warmer... I run NOS.. two of them
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                3 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X