confuse about the port and polish idea? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

confuse about the port and polish idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confuse about the port and polish idea?

okay i have read some of your threads about the port and polish. Question #
    1. What is the average to port and polish?
    2. What is the average hp for this(iam using 75 wet shot)
    3. Is it worth it for a daily driver?
    4.Would it work with cams or 1.9rocker arms

next i see 1danv6 is considering for rocker arms or cams. iam in the same situation what should i get. keep in mind i have nitrous

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=3;t=001697
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

See above thread [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

i went to supersixmotorsports.com that carry port and polish parts. the question is it worth it that power pack. [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

Comment

I did the search in the advance tech but wasn't convince. Anyone here has it?

Comment

Nope.... just ported heads n intake... stock cam still

Comment

yea there are a few guys here with the powerpack. Decent gains from it was found. Some guys recommended getting just the heads and intake from them and then getting a new cam made somewhere else though. Supersix takes stock cams and regrinds them I guess. For the price though their stuff is pretty much the cheapest route.

Abbott heads have some other good heads and intakes for our cars. They have been discussed on the forums a lot as well. A little more money but some good craftmanship.
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

thanks guys!!!at what point do you have to run racing fuel??Ex. Stage 3 port and polish from super6?

Comment

i am asking these questions because I want to install these parts to beat these import trash talking guys from work. so... all help needed i am going all out. since my tax money is coming soon this money is going to my car

Comment

In the extreme summer hear... when running nitrous.. 100 shot... I've tossed a couple gallons of 100 octance cam 2 in the tank to be safe.... because I run stock timing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X