what shot should i run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what shot should i run?

yeah i was just wondering what would be the safest wet shot to run on a stock 3.8? thanks.
    96 camaro 3800 series II, A4<br />BONE STOCK NOT FOR LONG

The safest would be ZERO. However, I ran a 75 shot with only a catback and had no problems. But that certainly does not mean it is "safe". Read as much as you can about nitrous before you start so you really understand the advantages and disadvantages.
    2001 Firebird 3.8L V6 M5,<br />It once had....<br />NX Nitrous Wet Kit, ZZP X-P Hot Cam, <br />3.42 LSD, Pacesetter Headers, <br />36# Injectors, HP Tuners<br />322 RWHP, 379 RWTQ<br />13.596 @ 102.56 w/100 shot

Comment

^ exactly..gap a set of NGK plugs at .035 ..run 92+ octane fuel..watch your bottle/fuel psi etc..and you should be ok..but if you choose to run juice..especially a wet shot through the intake of a 3.8 f-body..only do it if you're ready to blow something up..there are no definites..like arthensen said..the safest shot to run is none (i would invest in at least a cat back though)..just cover all angles and have fun [img]smile.gif[/img]
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

125 shot I ran for 7 months and 28 bottles.. 90 shot about the same, 50 and 75 shot about 22 bottles together and I had the N20 on the motor for 2 years and 2 months and 65 bottles though it.. It held up fine.. Of course I had a bigger fuel pump and tr6 plugs.. I also changed my oil, fuel filter every 2 months and plugs every 3 months..
        Jeff ..
        1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
        2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
        1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
        http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Don't run iridium plugs [img]smile.gif[/img]
          \'85 Z28, T-tops new LG4 and TH700<br />\'85 3.4L 5-speed<br />mods: <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4</a> the nitrous exhaust O2 safety, pg 3. <br />Areo space materal engineer wantabe

Comment

yes..sorry i forgot to specify..run NGK copper-cored TR6 plugs
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

100shot, I wouldn't go over 125 with a stock motor
              \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

Originally posted by black96V6:
                yeah i was just wondering what would be the safest wet shot to run on a stock 3.8? thanks.
                What are your plans with your car?

What do you want out of it?
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by black96V6:
                  You should buy mine its for sale nitrous express GM EFI you can spray from 50-100 if you want... It has jets for 200+ hp as well. $450 o.b.o. make an offer.
                  2000 Camaro M5. Nitrous express wet shot. Flowmaster cat back. K&N 63-1084 intake.

Comment

Um, don't even think about a 200+ [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

what are you wanting to do with your car? do you want to just have a little kick at the track or some major performance? My recomendation would be to do all the correct supporting mods like pnp intake, pnp heads, full exhaust, and upgraded intake. this will either allow you to run a larger shot or run the same shot safer. Then work on getting the car put the power to the ground so get LSD, torque arm, panhard, trailing arms, and tires. once you do that you will be much happier when you actually add nitrous... but what do i know, I'm an FI guy.

P.S. Since you are kinda new i'll let you in on a secret... LISTEN TO 12SECONDV6!
                      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Scratches head....... no update yet on what he wants out of the car......

And... btw t punk.....thanks man.... i have a little bit experience with this nitrous stuff ;)

Comment

well im not sure what do get yet cause i don't have the money to but everything. but i am looking to be running low 12's with everything that i need to get. sorry about not answering early.
                          96 camaro 3800 series II, A4<br />BONE STOCK NOT FOR LONG

Comment

low 12s?...LOOOOOOOOTS of research and even more practice and experience...but with a lot of money and a LOT of time you can get there

Comment

LOW 12's????????

Ok.... wanna know how many people here run LOW 12's?

Um..... well...... if I had only 2 fingers..... on 1 hand... I could say "I can count the members on one hand that run LOW 12's or quicker!"

Take a look around at some of our nitrous posts.

Your goals.... might be a bit advanced for you right now.... read up.... take a look at old posts.... and go from there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                3 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X