James..timed progressive controller? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James..timed progressive controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James..timed progressive controller?

id like to hear from James on this because he runs the times that he does SPINNING (SICK) ..but anyone is of course welcome to jump in..i did a search and found one thread..but there wasnt too much about it..you mentioned that you had interest in getting a progressive controller..and i do too..as far as i know you are still running without one..and i was wondering what your thoughts are on them..are you still running without one because you dont like them or just because you are doing more important things?..what do you think about the advertised gains?..NOS says in testing ETs were dropped anywhere from a 1/2 second up..thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Check out the Maximizer from Nitrous Express. I have been looking at it and it has some amazing features. Most important is its ability to monitor your WBO2 and shut down the nitrous if you go lean.

It can also change the shot based on gear. Thus you can do a 50 shot in 1st gear and a 150 shot in gears 2-4 that ramps from 75 hp at 3500 rpms to 150 hp at 6000 rmps. Should keep the tires from spinning in first but give you great power at the top end where the car can handle it.

Just something to think about.
    2001 Firebird 3.8L V6 M5,<br />It once had....<br />NX Nitrous Wet Kit, ZZP X-P Hot Cam, <br />3.42 LSD, Pacesetter Headers, <br />36# Injectors, HP Tuners<br />322 RWHP, 379 RWTQ<br />13.596 @ 102.56 w/100 shot

Comment

damn..i JUST bought NOS's time based controller brand new from a guy for $225..that one sounds pretty cool though..i saw it when i was seaching earlier..i'll have to look at that one some more [img]smile.gif[/img]
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

also..with a progressive controller..i was also wondering whether i should have it jetted for a 100 or a 125 shot?..

Comment

I don't run one.

If I did I would get the NOS brnad.

Is this an item I would purchase.... yes.... in the future when I am running a MUCH higher shot level.

As for advertised gains...... this would be for a traction limited car.....

Compare a 150 shot car launching on the bottle and spinning vs a 100 shot off ther line and 50 top of first gear car.... same shot level.... split nitrous shot level car could go faster due to more traction.
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

cool..i ended up going with NOS's time based controller..my concern is that i was already having traction problems on the dry kit..which puts out less torque (usually)..plus i tried to even it out but most of the weight i removed was from the rear..so i was thinking the M/T ET Streets and the controller should set me up nicely for a direct port 125 shot..thanks for your input [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You will want to jet for the highest shot you would use (with a progressive cntroller). I would think 150 would be a good point.

For the money, I would have gone with the NOS system just lke you did. If need be, HP Tuners could shut down the nitrous if it goes too lean.

I am watching your system very carefully, you are going right where I was planning. I hope it works like I think it will.
              2001 Firebird 3.8L V6 M5,<br />It once had....<br />NX Nitrous Wet Kit, ZZP X-P Hot Cam, <br />3.42 LSD, Pacesetter Headers, <br />36# Injectors, HP Tuners<br />322 RWHP, 379 RWTQ<br />13.596 @ 102.56 w/100 shot

Comment

you think my car can take a 150 shot though?..and actually i was watching yours because i want the X-P Hot Cam lol..i really gotta get the nitrous perfect first though..i just want consistant 12s..dont really care where they are..as long as they're 12s [img]smile.gif[/img]

i think im just going to start out with a time based controlled 125 shot

[ February 01, 2005, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: 1DangerousV6 ]

Comment

Originally posted by arthansen:
                  HP Tuners could shut down the nitrous if it goes too lean.
                  how would you do this using HP Tuners? (i guess i should ask this in advanced tech)

Comment

With the beefed up botom end of your motor (I think I saw that you did that) and an agressive FI cam with 105# or 130# springs and hardened push rods, I would think 150 would be no problem for the motor. Of course other things might break. But as always said, "If it breaks, it probably needed to be relaced anyway". ;)

I answered your newest question in the other thread.

Comment

hmmm..and i was interested in a cam anyway (instead of a blower) ..doesnt take much to sell me on running more power! lol

what about running a dual stage?..100 off the line and then add 50 up top?..heres what im thinking..run a "Y" fitting..one line to the solenoids for the direct port system..one line to a nitrous solenoid that..when activated..would supply a 50 dry shot in the air box [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ February 01, 2005, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: 1DangerousV6 ]

Comment

No. You have the progressive controller, use it. Nozzle for a 150 shot and do a progressive shot from 50% (75 shot) to 100% (150 shot) over a few second period. This will give you the low shot early in the run and that nice 150 shot at the end.

The direct port with the progressive controller is the ultamite NO system. Set it up and make us all jelous!

Comment

consider it done :D haha ..i'll start with a 100 - 125 and log it..if its having no trouble at all at the top end its possible i'll try out some 150 shots..i know damn well nobody feels too comfy about spraying that in their intake lol

Comment

Do you know what a progressive controller does 1danger?

Not attempting to insult you.....

And.... WHY a 150 dry shot? I would NEVER do that.
                            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

yeah..i've been researching them the past few days...and no no no ..not a 150 dry shot..100 wet direct port shot off the line..possibly progressively controlled..not if i dont need it..then a 50 dry shot through the air box when i'm 8 - 10 seconds into the run..a little kick before the finish..was just an idea..but i guess it'd be a lot easier to just handle it through the controller..the other way was more of just a dual stage setup [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                                Low Voltage
                                by Vladimir Gecko
                                I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                                18 hours ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                6 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X