Losing precious nitrous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing precious nitrous?

i've got a pretty good kink in the hose that runs from my air box to the intake..due to the angle..the hose doesnt axactly fit air-tight..is it possible to be losing nitrous at that area?..or at WOT is the intake creating too much suction/vacuum for anything at all to be lost there?
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Bypass your safety features and spray it w/o the engine running. If it doesn't leak then, it prolly won't going down the road.

But can't you just grommet it?
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

that swhat i was thinking..i could have the gf rev it over 3000rpms and hit the WOT switch..i guess it wont matter much with the blower going on..the nozzle is going to be piped in the discharge tube after the BOV..i guess i was curious if it might have effected my times in the past..thats a good idea though..i'll have to check that out
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

If there was a leak... I would hope you would have noticed by now.....

With the system pressurized look for hissing sounds/ white residue of nitrous turning from gas to solid state.

To activate... meet all requirements.... WOT, RPM etc and hit the nitrous... DO NOT do this if nozzle is into air intake... VERY BAD for engine.
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X