tapping the TB...(99+)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tapping the TB...(99+)

I haven't measured it out, but hoping I can tap it from underneath so its not noticeable.

As for location, shoudl I aim for as close as I can to the MAF(like almost touching it, but behind it?)

[ December 01, 2004, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: MustangEater8251 ]

Search much? :rolleyes:
    <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

underneath is good...only problem is you gotta make sure to not lose the jets when they fall out during a change hehe..you actually wanna go the other way...try to get as close to the TB blade as possible without having the blade hit the nozzle..this will give you a more even and powerful spray because you will not be spraying the blade with nitrous and fuel (James has pics of this somewhere..its pretty nice) [img]smile.gif[/img]
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=3;t=001551
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by slacker69:
          Search much? :rolleyes:
          I did searches, only found info for cable driven TBs, or discussions on physical locations(in TB, in TB spacer, etc...) stuff I already knew.

Tell hawgs to quit thinking of me when you jerk him off. Don't you guys have your own site or something by know? Let me guess no one posts there and you want to come back here.

Comment

Play nice
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Eric, me and you are in the same situation, I'm putting the NX kit on my '02 and have the very same questions that you do. I'm thinking of making an install guide for the NX kit on 99+ cars, or 3.8L in general since the only real difference would be the nossle placement and WOT/TPS switch dilemma. Maybe we can collaberate on it. I'll be taking pics of my install process anyways. Let me know what you think.
              2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X