Heres the deal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heres the deal...

I have a 1997 Red Camaro M5 with open diff and 3.23's and 46k. I have slp intake headers hiflo cat and american thunder catback. I need to know what I should get to acompany my NX wet kit. I plan on spraying a 100shot.

I know I know window switch. Will a WOT switch act as the same thing?

Here is a list of things Im thinking I might get.

15504 wot switch $35
    15509 pressure gauge $45
    15512 fuel pressure gauge $30
    16000 purge kit $100
    15718 FFPS $50

Star Spec Clutch
    SC822 Stage 2 $379
    or
    SC823 Stage 3 $399

74643 Taylor Wires $40
    42820 seperators $7
    TR6 NGK Wires $2 x12

64501T SLP take off diff. $99
    I WANT 3.73's can someone help on this one?
    --------------------------------

Now I know I know again WINDOW SWITCH. I am having trouble finding one. I want a Harlen, but Ive heard it takes him a long arse time to get around to making one. Also do I need a 1 peice driveshaft?

Thanks in advance.

eventually, i am going with the NX GM FI wet kit, spraying a 100 shot, and getting the GEN-X2 upgrade.

for a window switch, im going with either harlan or MSD, but probably msd cause im getting a DIS-4 also.

you need a window switch and the WOT switch. window switch will keep the nitrous on from like 3000-5500rpm, and the WOT switch will turn it off during shifts.

Comment

FYI I am pretty sure your kit should come with a FPSS and a WOT switch so you shouldn't have to buy one. I don't know if NX does, but I know NOS does.
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

I bought a nx kit. I dont think that they come with the ffps.

Edit: I just found out it comes with the WOT switch.

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: 317indy ]</p>

Comment

You'll be glad you have a window switch on that M5 car also. I ran my NX wet kit for a while without it, and it's a pain in the arse trying to launch without it. Gotta worry about spraying too soon, while worrying about cutting a good RT and 60'. Get it, set it either 3000 or 3200 for a little more traction before it hits, and be done. Harlan's switch is a great product, and worth every day of the wait!
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

the GENX-2 upgrade kit comes with the FPSS, WOT switch, and purge and heater and **** like that.

no window switch tho.

supposedly the harlan switch is a better product than the MSD, you dont need the pill packs, and its cheaper.

Comment

Well I just ordered my Harlan Window Swtich. $58.38. So ummm what does a FPSS do?

[ October 10, 2003: Message edited by: 317indy ]</p>

Comment

FPSS - Fuel Pressure Safety Switch

if the fuel pressure drops too low while you are spraying, it shuts the nitrous off so you dont mess some serious sh|t up.

Comment

With a window swtich anyway you coudl bypass it in a gear?

Or have it work in another gear?

Comment

nah, they just work with rpm.

only way you could get it to bypass a gear RPM is with an auto trans, like the 4L60E which has an electric signal, but even then, why would you want to skip a gear?

like, skip first or what?

Comment

Ehh if I were to launch the 3.8L I get like my 3.4L wouldn't want to launch on the juice...

I rev it high and ride and pop the clutch a bit. Not sure I could do with juice [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

what the hell did you just say?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                          Ehh if I were to launch the 3.8L I get like my 3.4L wouldn't want to launch on the juice...

I rev it high and ride and pop the clutch a bit. Not sure I could do with juice [img]smile.gif[/img]
                          <hr></blockquote>Umm when did Launching enter into this discussion?
                          2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

ttt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X