Nitrous cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous cam

Umm....so what is the best cam to use for nitrous? Like is there on that provides less overlap making it safer to shoot, or should i just use comp cams?
    2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

My cam was very nice with nitrous 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa my 50 shots felt like 75 shot and so on lots of power upto 6700 rpms. Works great with a 3800-4000 stall an d3.73 gears.
    <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

WTF! You can rev your motor to 6700 safely? And more importantly you can still make power up there? I didnt think that our V6s could rev that high. So all i need is that cam to rev that high? You dont even have valve springs and retainers?
      2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ender2664:
        WTF! You can rev your motor to 6700 safely? And more importantly you can still make power up there? I didnt think that our V6s could rev that high. So all i need is that cam to rev that high? You dont even have valve springs and retainers?<hr></blockquote>

Custom Tuned PCMs allow it. If your cam makes power up to 6700rpms then your engine can or cannot handle it. I think Slacker is on like his third engine. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ender2664:
          WTF! You can rev your motor to 6700 safely? And more importantly you can still make power up there? I didnt think that our V6s could rev that high. So all i need is that cam to rev that high? You dont even have valve springs and retainers?<hr></blockquote>

Ahem, play nice m kay?

As for nitrous cams...... something with more exhasut.

I still currently run a stock cam and plan to stay with that set up because it works.

Tuning is the main issue when a non stock cam is used.

I would go directly to a DFI system if I used a non stock cam
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

The cam had nothing to do with my motor going bad thank you very much. I used the wrong type of valve springs and eneded breaked 5 valve guides and messed up a piston ring when i spraied. It happedend all at once on the dyno then i got a used motor in texas. I put it in and ran fine with stock heads and cam but there was something wrong with the motor to begin with. It allways had idel problems then after 850 miles it died. So please dont start anything with me you know crap compared to me about cars.

[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: slacker69 ]</p>
            <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> slacker69 The cam had nothing to do with my motor going bad thank you very much It used the wrong type of valve springs and eneded breaked 5 valve guides and messed up a piston ring when i spraied happedend all at once on the dyno then i got a used motor in texas i put it in and ran fine with stock heads and cam but there was something wrong withthe motor to begin with allways had idel problems then after 850 miles it died so please dont start anything with me you know crap compared to me about cars. <hr></blockquote>

longest single sentence ever. ;)
              1999 White Ford SVT Lightning.<br /><br />Hoping to dyno @ 450hp/550tq by the end of \'04.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by andrew N.:

longest single sentence ever. ;)
                <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                This revelation, is the death of ignorance...<br /><a href=\"http://www.quicktimeperformance.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.quicktimeperformance.com</a>

Comment

Well its fixed but i didnt know sentence structure is judge on a messege board. So spare me the lecture.

[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: slacker69 ]</p>

Comment

somebody's cranky :(
                    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

I just dont need anyone talkin s hit about me and telling me how to word my sentences.

Comment

i have to agree with slacker

he knows waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy more then you will ever know about our cars and his sentence stucture has what to do with nitrous

Comment

im sorry slacker are you refering to me?

Comment

lol its a frigin joke about the sentence, chill
                            This revelation, is the death of ignorance...<br /><a href=\"http://www.quicktimeperformance.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.quicktimeperformance.com</a>

Comment

OK, last warning.
                              Play nice or this gets locked.

slacker knows what he is doing
                              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X