My nos5175 is making me mad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My nos5175 is making me mad!

The nitrous will hit hard(i can know feel it) only when I use it when the car is cold. I think what is happening is when everything gets hot the fpss does not let the nitrous flow?! I know fuel pressure drops when things heat up, but I hope my walbro pump would give me enough pressure. I do not know if the fpss is adjustable, I unhooked that stupid dynotune A/F nitrous switch so that is not causing problems. I can use the nitrous one time a day it seems like. I do not know if I need a bottle heater to keep preasure up. I know the problem only occurs when the car is fully warmed up, which sucks b/c I want my fluids warm so they will protect stuff. Anyone have any ideas?

Today I found out that the Nitrous will flow when the car is not moving. I unhooked the line from the intake and hit full throttle and nitrous flowed out. So I think when I acclerate the nitrous flows away from the siphon tube or I do not have enough fuel pressure when the car is moving so the fpss is doing its job. I am waiting to empty my bottle via my purge and then flip it around, b/c right now the label faces the back of the car and the siphon tube faces the front. The bottle is mounted against the tire well in the stand up postion, but could bottle postion real cause this much of a problem?

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: runmy6 ]</p>

You have to stop and think about why the FPSS is cutting out.
    Probably NOT because its hot, more likely your not getting enough fuel pressure. You should probably be very thankful that the FPSS worked and you didn't melt your pistons.

Try a new fuel pump. Thats what I did. It ran an 85 shot fine.

100 shot started doing the same thing it used to before my fuel pump. Maybe I need a fuel pressure regulator? Or a wet kit... dunno.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

I just got a 255lph walbro fuel pump and a new fuel preasure regulator, if that pump cannot give me enough fuel preasure than I do not know what will. I think my problem is the way the bottle is mounted, under accleration the nitrous flows away from the siphon tube. I am going to see if that will fix it. I even told the guy who installed the kit that the way he mounted the bottle was wrong, just forgot about that critical element untill now.

Comment

I don't know why your nitrous acts up only when your car is warm. But like AZ said, it sounds like the FPSS is doing its job. A fuel pump should solve the problem. Alot of people don't deal with the dry kits due to this problem. 12secv6 and a few others know alot more about your problem. Shoot em an email.
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X