need alittle purge help........dual question already searched - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need alittle purge help........dual question already searched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need alittle purge help........dual question already searched

ok,
    im now starting to do dual purge plumming....i went out and bought a "brass tite" compression T. im just going to run a braided hose from the purge noid to the tee then two pieces of steel or copper...whichever i can find....from the two ends of the tee to the base of the windsheild....sound right? the comprettion tee works like this right...i install the copper/steel pipe...put that little metal bead thing over the pipe and into the tee....then put the tee nut thing over the pipe and bead thing and tighten down as much as i can right? then the metal bead thing will compress down and catch the pipe and hold it in?
    Mods: <br />MAF! removed, KN filter, 2.5 Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, and this week a NX system thanks to 12secdream. Carsoud cat in the mail. Cutout with qtec cover in the mail.<p>soon to come:<br />3.42\'s or 3.73\'s depends on price of reprogram, LSD, LCAs, 1 inch drop, turbo/SC not decided yet, Cam, rockers. I HATE MY V6, IM A SELF HATING V6 OWNER! MAYBE ILL JUST SELL THE V6 FOR A V8. I THINK NOT!!!!! BACK OFF!!!!! THIS V6 IS GONNA TEAR YOU A NEW ***

i'd think a y-connector would be better, but yea. if u have a firebird, try putting the purges in ur vents on the side.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

Yes, I used the same type of T fitting in mine. "As tight as you can" probably isn't a good idea, but it needs to be tight. ;)
      -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Where the hell do you get more copper pipes or anything to route to outlet??????????

I went to Home Depot and Pep Boys, and they had nothing close to the same size as what comes with the kit.
        1999 White Ford SVT Lightning.<br /><br />Hoping to dyno @ 450hp/550tq by the end of \'04.

Comment

Where the hell do you get more copper pipes or anything to route to outlet??????????

I went to Home Depot and Pep Boys, and they had nothing close to the same size as what comes with the kit.
          1999 White Ford SVT Lightning.<br /><br />Hoping to dyno @ 450hp/550tq by the end of \'04.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by andrew N.:

<hr></blockquote>

Check at a hobby shop.
            -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X