Ive got money coming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive got money coming...

Nitrous is a must! $1300 is about the ammount of money I have to spend. I want the Nitrous Express kit # 20920-10. I also want Gen-X 2 kit. That is like $950.00! So now the question is what fuel pump(Walbro 225?), ignition(MIS DIS4?)(MSD 6AL?) or anything else? Also I have a M5 so I am thinking that I should have a window switch(dont want detonation). MSD has one but it only works with their systems I do believe. So here are the numbers that I have came up with

20920-10 - 559.99 Nitrous Express Kit
    GenX2 Kit- 369.99 Nitrous Express Kit
    04-74243 - 38.99 Taylor Spiro Pro
    50-TR6 - 24.00 NGK TR6 $2.00x12
    17-6420 - 199.99 MSD 6AL
    17-8956 - 79.99 MSD RPM Activated WindowSwitch
    ------------------------------------------------
    TOTAL -$1272.95 I have a few hundred left over after that. I need to know what fuel pump to get after that. Thanks.

gen x just gives you all the extra's right?

bottle watrmer is a nice thing.

I run stock ignition.

WOT switch, window switch, master switch, FPSS, and button activation for a manual
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Available in standard "Shark" single nozzle, with horsepower selections of 35-50-75-100-150hp. Kit. Includes 10 lb bottle, solenoids, WOT switch brackets and all necessary hoses and hardware.

GEN-X2 upgrade - bottle heater, pressure gauge, fuel safety switch, blow-down fitting and tube and purge kit.

Theres the WOT Switch, I think I will go with the MSD RPM Activated Window Switch. Also should I get a fuel pressure gauge?
      Do you run the stock fuel pump?

[ July 29, 2003: Message edited by: 317indy ]</p>

Comment

Fuel pressure gauge 160.00
        walbro 255 fuel pump makes the fuel system run nice and fat.. 125.00
        Jeff ..
        1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
        2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
        1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
        http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

So I SHOULD get a new fuel pump?

Comment

you dont need a fuel pump with that kit...

Dont worry put the money into guages and other things you need, nitrous guage, air/fuel guage I feel is a must, heater is always a must, but get the NOS one, its cheaper by like a 100 bucks.

If you want to be smooth get a automatic bottle opener, ebay for like 150 bucks.
            I got stuff...<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/mksucum\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/mksucum</a>

Comment

Don't mess with MSD's window switch, it'll cost you an arm and a leg and several weeks by the time you get it sent to them to be fixed to work with your ignition system and sent back to you. Instead get the Harlem switch. It's like $55. A note before you buy it, it will take a little while to get it, sicne he makes all the parts himself at his home. But it is a great part, designed and built by an F-body driver/owner, for the f-body. Search and you'll find his web address.
              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I have done all of my homework on all of the stuff I want. The Harlen window switch from what I am told will take about 5-6 weeks before it is shipped. I dont know if I want to wait that long.

What do they have to do to the (msd) window switch? I thought that if you bought the msd ignition box, it basically worked with it.

Comment

Nope, you gotta send off the MSD switch to be modifies to work on our cars. That's gonna take a month. Get the harlen, or hey, do a search, you'll see for yourself.
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Don't get the bottle opener... my opinion it is a waste of money and I've heard too many stories of it leaking, not opening/ closing bottle's completely.

Fuel pump.... if you have the money... do a walbro 255 lph in tank pump.

MSD..... do a search in here... someone had info regarding it
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Okay, so now I read that the msd window switch needs to be sent to msd if you are running a stock ignition. However I want to run a complete msd ignition, do I still have to send it to them?

Edit: WHAT EVER HAPPEND TO THE MODERATOR BILL SPANO?

[ August 04, 2003: Message edited by: 317indy ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X