anyone use the new FM 2.5 catback with nitrous? 12secv6? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone use the new FM 2.5 catback with nitrous? 12secv6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone use the new FM 2.5 catback with nitrous? 12secv6?

hi,
    i am thinking of getting the NX kit and i just put on the flowmaster 2.5 kit, i also plan on puttin gon a 3inch cutout before the cat witha 3inch carsound cat. Is the flowmaster good enough and free flowing? or did i make a mistake in buying this setup? also with the 3inch cat or 2.5 inch havent decided yet will this all be good up to 100+ shot when i ge there eventually?

[ July 13, 2003: Message edited by: IThinkImFast ]</p>
    Mods: <br />MAF! removed, KN filter, 2.5 Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, and this week a NX system thanks to 12secdream. Carsoud cat in the mail. Cutout with qtec cover in the mail.<p>soon to come:<br />3.42\'s or 3.73\'s depends on price of reprogram, LSD, LCAs, 1 inch drop, turbo/SC not decided yet, Cam, rockers. I HATE MY V6, IM A SELF HATING V6 OWNER! MAYBE ILL JUST SELL THE V6 FOR A V8. I THINK NOT!!!!! BACK OFF!!!!! THIS V6 IS GONNA TEAR YOU A NEW ***

how come no one ever wants to help me.....when ever i post no body cares :(
    Mods: <br />MAF! removed, KN filter, 2.5 Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, and this week a NX system thanks to 12secdream. Carsoud cat in the mail. Cutout with qtec cover in the mail.<p>soon to come:<br />3.42\'s or 3.73\'s depends on price of reprogram, LSD, LCAs, 1 inch drop, turbo/SC not decided yet, Cam, rockers. I HATE MY V6, IM A SELF HATING V6 OWNER! MAYBE ILL JUST SELL THE V6 FOR A V8. I THINK NOT!!!!! BACK OFF!!!!! THIS V6 IS GONNA TEAR YOU A NEW ***

Comment

3" is perfect. with any forced induction, you should go with the most free flowing. 2.5 will work alright. thats what 12sec had on his ride for the longest time.
      \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

cool thanks! i think im going to stick with the 2.5 till i get some sorta forced induction setup eventually i hope to get to 100+ shot on this exhaust system and get to the tracks and blow away some lt1 z28's and hang with the ls1 z-28's.

thanks

Comment

FYI: You probably would have got a better responce in the intake/exhaust forums. This is more of a forum for nitrous questions, not exhaust questions for someone who might one day use nitrous.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

3inch s pipe with 3 inch cat back.. get 3inch in and 3inch out cat, walbro 255lbhr pump, TR6's, whisper lid induction, and a aluminum Driveshaft..
            Jeff ..
            1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
            2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
            1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
            http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

For the longest time I thought 2.5 was better.

I recently switched to complete mandrel bent 3 inch but I intend on higher shot levels.

I think the 2.5 is fine for a beginner to nitrous

I had bad luck with a cut out, opening the cap made me lose 10 rwhp and 30 rwtq.

I'm not a fan of nitrous and cut outs
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X