dry zex from a mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dry zex from a mustang

a friend of mine had a dry zex kit on his gt, but now he has to get rid of it, and offered it to me for really cheap. most people on here don't seem to like zex, but at the price, it doesnt seem like i've got much to lose. i was just looking for opinions on how compatible the ford kit would be with our cars (i've got a 3.8, which i figure is just as good as that wimpy 4.6 gt, just minus 2 cylinders). zex is pretty universal by nature, and i was thinking since ford is domestic, i've already got an advantage over the honda kit, which supposedly works on our cars too ;) . let me know what u guys think.

What kind of shot?
    AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by xjarayax:
      What kind of shot?<hr></blockquote>

Err.. size I mean.
      AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

its cool and all that you can get it cheap, but i would avoid ZEX. After researching it, NX & NOS make the best and most dependable kits. When you buy a used kit, you have the risk of having a messed up 'noid or some bad wiring.

I was lookin to save some money too by buying used, but its not worth the risk. I was lucky to get my NX kit on sale for 450.

if you wanna go for it, do it though- not tryin to shoot ya down.
        -Justin-<br />Red 1996 Camaro RS- Wrecked 11-1-03...<br /><br />1991 Camaro RS

Comment

yeah, good point on a used kit being dangerous, never thought of that. it comes with 75-125 shots. i probably wouldn't b brave enough to use n e thing much above 75 though. i dunno, with as cheap as i'm getting it, i figure if it don't work out for me, i can just repost it on ebay and make a profit [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Red96CamaroRS:
            its cool and all that you can get it cheap, but i would avoid ZEX. After researching it, NX & NOS make the best and most dependable kits. When you buy a used kit, you have the risk of having a messed up 'noid or some bad wiring.

I was lookin to save some money too by buying used, but its not worth the risk. I was lucky to get my NX kit on sale for 450.

if you wanna go for it, do it though- not tryin to shoot ya down.
            <hr></blockquote>

Very true, sometimes a used kit is not worth the headaches
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I bought my zex kit used and have had it now for over a year with no problems. Last week I had it dynoed and even with jets for a 100 shot the a/f was ok and this is all on the stock fuel sys. It added 78hp and 117ft to the wheels-not bad for a used $350 kit.
              Homemade Ram-Air kit with K&N, Flowmaster Exhaust, Zex Nitous Kit, 180 Thermostat. <br />15.8@87mph NA and all stock.<br />Biggjon11@aol.com

Comment

ive looked at zex kits off and on for a while. everyone here seems to be against them, but can anyone who put one on a 3.8 or 3.4 say that they've had problems with them. there are inherent problems with used kits that pertain to this specific situation, but i was just wondering about the zex kit in general.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

well, once i get some free time here next week, i might b able to tell u. that is, unless someone has n e idea if using the mustang gt kit will be bad for my car. considering that every dry kit zex uses has the same instructions, i don't know. if i put the kit in, i'd obviously use common sense and not use the 125 shot. that seems like it'd b bad with my stock fuel delivery and all... so i can't think of n e thing that could go wrong, unless the little zex box is programmed to work just on mustang gt's, which is a possibility but doesn't seem likely, b/c mustang gt's come in all shapes and sizes. ok, just 4.6 and 5.0, but still. i tend to ramble. sorry.

Comment

well im a zex user...
                    so every time something like this comes up i have to say.. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

i like my zex kit and have yet to have any problems with it :D
                    later,<br />alan<br />1999 bright red v6<br />3800 series III<br />208\\210 comp cam<br />3000 stall edge tc

Comment

ah, i figured it out. it should work. if not, then at least mayb i'll get some pretty fireworks b4 my car goes boom.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X