car bogs with nitrous in high rpms!????? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

car bogs with nitrous in high rpms!?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car bogs with nitrous in high rpms!?????

when i had my 35 shot in when i first installed my kit when i was in high 2nd and 3rd the motor would like cut out like hitting a limmter. it was like the nitorus was sapying buu the fuel shut off so i was kinda affraid if i was ruing all n20 and no fuel when that was happeing, but i but my 50 shot jets in and it didnt to that all pulled harder than h#ll. But the thrid time with the 5 in high 3rd it did that studring thing againg, but now insted of that i hear the selinod making sounds like it keeps shuttin of and on i fig it was my wot switch my tps might need to be adjusted but then it wouldnt do it some times, so what causes thsoe high rpm studring and are the clicking sounds from the selniods alwyas suposse to be there. i only have a wot switch no fule pressure switch or anything i also wondered if it was the purge selinod makin that sound but i dont think i that would do that, im note sure. thanks for helping, im new to nitrous
    2002 camaro rs 5-speed<p>SLP cold air,wisper lid, k&n air filter,8mmwires, ngk plugs, 160 thermo, hypertech, hurst shifter, borla cat-back,3in high-flow cat, walbro high output fuel pump, 3:73 gears with zexel lsd, tinted windows, subframeconnectors,bmr control arms, bmr adj. pan. bar, ebiac spirngs, bilstine shocks,slp swaybars, NX nitorus kit wet 100 shot, remote bottle opener, purge, piaa head light bulps, 18inch epic wheels on bf g-forces, alpine head unit, complete stereo with Jl stleath box, painted brake cailpers, viper alarm with pager....more to list.

Did you replace your fuel filter?
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

no do i need to wiht a small shot if so where do i get one what kind?
      2002 camaro rs 5-speed<p>SLP cold air,wisper lid, k&n air filter,8mmwires, ngk plugs, 160 thermo, hypertech, hurst shifter, borla cat-back,3in high-flow cat, walbro high output fuel pump, 3:73 gears with zexel lsd, tinted windows, subframeconnectors,bmr control arms, bmr adj. pan. bar, ebiac spirngs, bilstine shocks,slp swaybars, NX nitorus kit wet 100 shot, remote bottle opener, purge, piaa head light bulps, 18inch epic wheels on bf g-forces, alpine head unit, complete stereo with Jl stleath box, painted brake cailpers, viper alarm with pager....more to list.

Comment

I bet is is your fuel pressure safty swith if u have one cause thats what it fewlls like surgeing.
        <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

fuel filter
          fuel guage
          maybe fuel pump
          also make sure nothing has cloged the solenoids
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hinch02RSonDUBS:
            no do i need to wiht a small shot if so where do i get one what kind?<hr></blockquote>

Any auto parts store. Never hurts to do this anyway, but is particularly a great thing to do when you get nitrous.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I have similar problems. Check you vacuum lines. Make sure to do the fuel filter!
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

so is there a high-flow fuel fillter you can get?

i know all the rest never was into fuel systems thaugh, lol!

Comment

No need for a "high flow" fuel filter, the stock ones flow just fine. Just need to be sure it is clean and not holding back much fuel.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hinch02RSonDUBS:
                    so is there a high-flow fuel fillter you can get?

i know all the rest never was into fuel systems thaugh, lol!
                    <hr></blockquote>

Nope, no high flow version.
                    If you want to play with nitrous you better start to learn about fuel system's. The fuel system is by far the most important part of a nitrous system
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X