N20 Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N20 Wiring

Hey guys what is the easiest way to wire everything for the jug.How did you guys do it?Also how to run lines, inside or out?

I will have a used kit in less than a month.I need all the info I can get.

Thanks
    2000 Navy Blue Firebird <br />3.8 A4 Y87<br />Member of the MTFBA (Middle Tennessee F-Body Association)<br />Factory dual exhaust,Pontiac Decal on w/s Cutout,A/F Ratio & FP guages<br />K&N Filter Taylor Spiro-Pro plug wires and NGK TR6\'s<br />Whisper lid,NX Wet 50 shot<br />Hotchkis LCA\'s & Panhard,Michelin Pilot XGT Z4 245/50ZR16<br />SLP Strut Tower Brace<br />NA 1/4-15.132@89.29 2.194 60\'<br />N20 1/4-14.174@98.04 2.228 60\'<br />F-Body Gathering 5 Trophy Winner

Well, if your kit comes with any instructions, they pretty much say it all. Of course run any and all wires inside the car, not under the body on the outside. Easiest place to run wire into the engine compartment is through a grommet located behind your PCM. Take it out slightly, and gently, and behind it there is a grommet. Feed the lines through, and drop the undeside of your passenger side dash. The wires will be in the floor board.
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Thanks for the info

It is a used NX kit and it don't have any paperwork.I may be able to call NX and order a new booklet.

How about N2O lines?Inside or Out?
      2000 Navy Blue Firebird <br />3.8 A4 Y87<br />Member of the MTFBA (Middle Tennessee F-Body Association)<br />Factory dual exhaust,Pontiac Decal on w/s Cutout,A/F Ratio & FP guages<br />K&N Filter Taylor Spiro-Pro plug wires and NGK TR6\'s<br />Whisper lid,NX Wet 50 shot<br />Hotchkis LCA\'s & Panhard,Michelin Pilot XGT Z4 245/50ZR16<br />SLP Strut Tower Brace<br />NA 1/4-15.132@89.29 2.194 60\'<br />N20 1/4-14.174@98.04 2.228 60\'<br />F-Body Gathering 5 Trophy Winner

Comment

mine go from my bottle, to a drain plug, outside, then up to the solenoids under the hood
        id reccomend outside just in case that line ruptures it doesnt fill the car with n2o
        R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

Yeah my n2o line goes under the car. My bottle is mounted in the spare compartment, and I found a nice grommet to use under the rear deck mat on the driver side, follow the brake lines with wire ties and run it right up under the body where the steering parts are under the hood, I mounted my solenoids on the shock tower right there becuase I ran out of hose. The wires, like was said before, theres a grommet you can see if you kinda lay down under the dash and look at the firewall. Good luck, have fun!
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

&lt;----Doesn't know wiring so I'm useless.
            As for routing the braided nitrous lines, mine too went out the drain plug under the passenger rear seat. The lines followed along my sub frame connector then entered into the engine bay. They came up by the battery.

Call nx for instructions
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Thanks guys you all give great help [img]smile.gif[/img]

just trying to get all the info I can before time.
              ;)

Comment

Here's a quick rundown of the wiring for my NOS / Edelbrock setup. Its a NOS 5175 dry kit converted to wet. I included the colors of the wires on the relay but remember this is for a NOS brand kit, so the colors on your NX kit may be different.

First, a fused +12V goes from the battery to the relay (orange wire). Another +12V goes from the master arm switch in the car to the relay (red wire). Ground for the relay (green wire) comes from the WOT micro switch. The blue wire from the relay sends (+) power to the fuel and nitrous solenoids. Ground (-) for the fuel solenoid comes from the FPSS located on the fuel line directly before the fuel solenoid. Ground (-) for the nitrous solenoid comes from another low-pressure FPSS located directly after the fuel solenoid. My setup utilizes a second FPSS to ensure that the fuel solenoid opens. If it does not, then the nitrous solenoid doesn't recieve a ground and doesn't open. Most setups don't take this extra precaution, in which case the ground for the fuel and nitrous solenoids is provided by the first FPSS located before the fuel soleonid.

Hope this helps some. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[ September 15, 2002: Message edited by: 96BeastV6 ]</p>
                -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

I just dunno about running them outside the car....Nitrous can fill your compartment, it won' kill you. The RARE case of a leak is more often located at the bottle where the main line taps in. I know a guy who had a HUE leak, and never knew the difference, even with the windows up, so I would stay inside the car just for the sake of having them under carpet and not exoposed to any more weather than they must.
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    4 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X