headers with nitrous.. is this a must? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

headers with nitrous.. is this a must?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers with nitrous.. is this a must?

i have a 100 shot of nitrous(wet) runnign through the car. i have a full 3inch exhaust running through the car, except i have the stock manifolds. do i really need to mount headers for more performance. i can think of lot better ways to spend 500 buck.... thank you
    97 CAMARO RS<br />BEST 1/8 MILE: 9.5@72MPH<p>I WAS MEMBER 443, BUT LOST THE PASSWORD!

You don't have to, but you'll see a nice gain from then when you run on the bottle. don't ask me how much of a gain, but you'll feel it and lower your times a bit, maybe a tenth or 2 when on the bottle.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

I am also curious if this is a worthy mod for a nitrous car. Can anyone tell us gains that uses nitrous with headers? Maybe give us a description of before and After

I agree with what Arctic Wolf is saying. Im sure the gain will be more signifigant with nitrous. But I just need some solid proof.

Comment

Is it a must, no.
        Nitrous systems really benifit from a full exhaust system.
        We all know nitrous forces a lot fo air into the engine. You have to get it out someway right?
        Full exhaust really will reap the most out of your system but no, it is not a must
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X