help ! question about bottle valve adapter - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help ! question about bottle valve adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help ! question about bottle valve adapter

alright, i want to put my nos pressure guage on ...does the bottle have to be empty in order to put it on ? what about the blow down tube? i think the bottle has to be empty in order to put them on...please let me know thanks.
    2000 Firebird 3.8 A4 w/W68<br />WS6 Ram Air Hood<br />SSM Port/Polished Heads <br />NOS #05175<br />Accel wires<br />Accel Coil Packs<br />MSD DIS-4 High Output<br />zexel torsen w/3.42<br />SLP CAI<br />Whisper Lid<br />K&N filter<br />JET programmer<br />Hypertech 160 degres thermo<br />Flowmaster cat-back<br />air temperature module<br />Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs<br /><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/ar3/projectfalcon/homepage.html\" target=\"_blank\">www.angelfire.com/ar3/projectfalcon/homepage.html</a>

no it can be filled i took the the adapter off for the gauge i remeber for the otheront just close it and start takeing the blowdown tube nut off and if it starts hissing then wait till its empty
    <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

Well, are you putting the guage into the metal neck that has the syphon tube that goes into the bottle?
      If yes then you need an empty bottle.
      1 of my bottles has that set up.
      At my connection where the line connects to the bottle I have a guage hooked up to the line instead of the bottle
      As for the blow down tube:
      Do you also need to install one of those connections into the metal neck that has the syphon tube going into the bottle?
      If yes then again bottle must be empty.
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

james....sorry for my stupidity.....what if the valve on the bottle is closed , can i take off the 4AN bottle valve adapter to put the swivel guage adapter fitting inside of it ?
        2000 Firebird 3.8 A4 w/W68<br />WS6 Ram Air Hood<br />SSM Port/Polished Heads <br />NOS #05175<br />Accel wires<br />Accel Coil Packs<br />MSD DIS-4 High Output<br />zexel torsen w/3.42<br />SLP CAI<br />Whisper Lid<br />K&N filter<br />JET programmer<br />Hypertech 160 degres thermo<br />Flowmaster cat-back<br />air temperature module<br />Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs<br /><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/ar3/projectfalcon/homepage.html\" target=\"_blank\">www.angelfire.com/ar3/projectfalcon/homepage.html</a>

Comment

Not a stupid question at all.
          The whole thing (if there are contents in the bottle) are under pressure.
          Empty it, then install the guage
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X