'ported' spraying...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'ported' spraying...

I was reading a book all about nitrous and one of the setups was ported. I know ive seen an NX kit with a ported setup in an LS1 engine and it looked really BADASS to say the least. Reading through it said it was the safest and best way to run nitrous. On the other hand it didnt say too much about cost but I bet it would be worth it to have a setup like that. My questions are could it be done to a 3.4 and how much would it run to do. Im not really a nitrous fan simply because you can end up spending 600 bux or more to turn your engine inside out. But this could be the solution to run nitrous and have your mind at ease.

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: Brett Garret ]</p>
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Like direct port injection? I think it's rather expensive. You have to get a nozle for each cylinder in the manifold or something. I'm sure if you could do the manifold work yourself that would knock alot off. But I think it's real expensive.
    1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br /> Whisper - K&N - N20 - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br /> Removed grille - Limo tint - blackouts - A-pillar cf a/f ratio<br /> Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Comment

This is called a direct port wet kit nitrous system.
      This is the highest level of a nitrous system.
      This is also the most expensive too.
      It can be done on any engine style, size, domestic, import yada yada yada.
      I have been quoted to convert my present installed and working nitrous system from a dry kit to wet direct port would be $1000

This set up is still not fool proof. You can grenade a engine with a direct port set up also.

Not a fan cause with $600 spent you can grenade an engine, I'd feel worse if I spent $4000 on a blower and grenaded my engine
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

hehe man-- why does nitrous have to be such a trick (minus the fact its like one of the most flammable substances). Haveing a 3.4 isnt easy you know. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
        <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

Nitrous is not flammable one bit.
          I could walk up to an open fire and open the nozzle on my bottle w/o any fear of a huge fire.
          It is an oxidizer.
          It supports combustion.
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I pay a ton of money for college and this is what i get. Owning a 3.4 and collge bs just doesnt cut it anymore. Let me know what the best thing for 3.4 nitrousing is. Im open. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X