Spraying w/ 3.08s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spraying w/ 3.08s

I am getting sick of waiting for SLP to deliver my damn 3.42/LSD gear package.

So I was told by a very reliable person that I could just spray w/ my 3.08s

What are the cons of doing this? I will be doing a dry 75 shot.

I run high 15's now...would I still be able to break into 14's while spraying with the 3.08s???

yeah, you'll hit 14's w/ 3.08's, i think. where are you puting the jetting? I'm also thinking of using a dry shot.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

I would think you would be able to get into the 14's with a 75 shot and 3.08's. In fact your MPH might even be a little high than a car with 3.42's since you will have a good amount of power and a gear that will give you more top end than bottom end. I mean this is a really bad way of looking at it because there are many things that can be variables. Such as weight, torque, traction and such. But I have seen a 1993 Z-28 with 2.73's run a 13.99 and in one of my GM High Tech magazines there is a 1994 Z-28 with 2.73's that went a best of 13.8x at like 99.xxMPH. Both of these cars were 100% stock also. So I would think you would be somewhere in the 14's. Just depends how you hook and when you hit the N2O. Keep me posted if you run the 75 shot with your 3.08's OK. I have been thinking about get a 75 shot for my car and wanted to get an idea what I would run. I just don't feel think doing anything with my rear right now. My friends say there is no way my car will ever be fast with 3.08's even though I ran a 15.86 and they said I would never even hit a 15.99 or 16 flat for that matter. Oh well looks like I'm going to have to prove them wrong. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/6330/VicCamaro.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>*1997 Silver Camaro A4/3.08*</b></a><br /><b>Best 1/4</b>(December 17, 2003)<br />Race weight: 3580lbs w/driver <br />RT: .396 1/4: 14.93 60\': 2.08 MPH: 89.73<br /><b>Mods</b><br />&gt;Flowmaster 80 muffler (muffler only) &gt;Homemade cold air with K&N 1000cfm cone filter &gt;Trans-go Shift Kit &gt;2400-2600 TCI converter<p><b>*1969 Camaro SS*</b><br />*502ci (92-octane pump gas)<br />*2-speed powerglide<br /><b>Best 1/4:</b>1.34 60ft 9.78@138.12mph (Aug 16, 2003)

Comment

The only problem you will run into is getting the power to the ground.
        You will put all that power to one tire because you do not have lsd.
        There is nothing wrong with doing that at all.

All you will do is spin one tire to all hell
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

what if i were to slap on drag radials???

would that help keep the tires from spinning while spraying?

also, i'd be arming the n20 once im outta first gear. Not right off the line...

Comment

Still you are sending all that power to one tire.
            I wouldn't even bother with drag radials.
            Hitting in second gear I could spin my tires with an 85 shot and lsd :D
            With the 120 dry shot, 275 40 17's, lsd I spin to 80-85 mph!!!!!

Comment

ok i am going to do this....

i am holding off on the gear package due to crappy customer service from SLP.

(waiting to find a Z28 rear end to just do the whole swap)

75 shot dry....will my rear end have any problems with this???? How will it handle the added power????

Comment

the stock rear ends hold together until around 450-500hp. we have the same rear ends as the ta's, ss's, formula's, and z28's. Instead of switching rear ends, just get a set of 3.23's or 3.42's, a Zexel-Torsen limited slip, and a Hypertech Power Programmer 3 to correct the speedo and shift points.
                2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

ok so i wont have a problem w/ my rear end not being able to handle the added power. good =)

i am planning on installing it as soon as I change the plugs, fuel filter (this week?) and the oil (tomorrow).

Gettin' excited!

Comment

Just in case, I'd get one of those aluminum reinforced rear end covers. lowers temps or oil as well as stiffens the whole assembly up a bit.

Comment

Manual owners can run into problems with bone stock set ups and et street's
                      You can't just go by a hp level.
                      Dump it at 5000 on et streets and see how long the rear holds.
                      Auto's hit harder.
                      With an open rear all you will do is spin 1 tire.
                      Kinda weird, will it damage anything, I don't think so.
                      Don't bother racing anyone around town or visiting the track until you get lsd in the rear.
                      Highway racing is ok

Comment

12secondv6....so ur saying even after im off the line...in 2nd gear....

then i hit the n20...

all i will do is spin???

Comment

some friend of mine told me NOS is illegal to have in FL tho [img]tongue.gif[/img] is that true? hehe

Comment

illegal to use on the streets.....duh

on the track???? hell no LOL

Comment

oh [img]tongue.gif[/img]

*looks innocently* well, ppl still use it on streets :D

*runs and hides*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X