Install questions (FPSS)....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install questions (FPSS)....

Just for reference, I have NOS kit 5175. And I was wondering if there were any online documents or anything to show me how to hook up the FPSS. I know coming off of the selinoid you hook up to the fuel system... Where do I hook this up too???

I haven't even tried installing yet, just looking at the directions (It needs to get warm first). And that is really the only thing I have questions about??? Any diagrams floating around??

Thanks,
    John
    Pewter 99 Camaro z28 m6<br />13.60 @ 106mph<br />_ ___________________ _ <br />Hooker Cat-Back<br />Pro 5.0 Short Shifter<br />Whisper Lid

Oh damn, I haven't even opened up my hood in ages so I vaguely remember.....
    Damn.
    I know you just need to remove the scrader valve on the fuel rail. Take a look on the passneger side fuel rail, you will see a black cap that looks like a valve stem cap form a tire.
    What you would do is wait until the car is cold and fuel psi is down to almost nothing and remove the cap and schader valve.
    Use a scrader valve removal tool for tires.
    You can get one from the auto parts store for a couple of bucks.
    Then screw it on.
    Hmmmmm, I forgot what you can use as a sealent.
    Teflon tape works well with fuel I think.
    I use it on my fuel psi sender unit and used to use it on my fuel guage that was under the hood.
    As for the wiring....
    Damn I just don't do wiring.
    I can't wire anything myself and I wouldn't even suggest wiring tips to my worst enemy.
    Someone else hopefully can help you on wiring
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Thanks, after looking at my engine, that helps a lot.... I like wiring... So I should be okay with that... So once it gets warm (please get warm soon, I hate the cold) I will be attempting this.

Thanks again,
      John
      Pewter 99 Camaro z28 m6<br />13.60 @ 106mph<br />_ ___________________ _ <br />Hooker Cat-Back<br />Pro 5.0 Short Shifter<br />Whisper Lid

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X