Problem W/ nitrous solonoids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem W/ nitrous solonoids

Seems that my new NX solenoids are bad I think both of them, I try to pressurize the system and the nitrous just blows through the another side like nothing stopping it. I'm using a 6an nitrous line, is this too big or should I use a 4an? the solenoids look brand new, my fuel noid to working fine. Any tips?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Problem W/ nitrous solonoids

burn it

Comment

Originally posted by 97RSSM90 View Post
      burn it
      What do you mean?
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Make sure you dont have the line from the solonoid to the jet connected to the purge port on the nitrious solinod. That port is usually on the side where as the line that goes to the jet is on the bottem. The purge port is not blocked by the nitrious solinod when it is closed.
        Last edited by FirebirdGT; 09-24-2011, 11:34 PM.
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

I'm running with no purge so, I don't know whats going on. I might buy another noid to try it out.

Comment

What your descibing sounds like the following, either that or you do truly have a bad solinoid. There are usually 3 ports on a nitrious solinoid. In, Out, and Purge. On my nitrous solinoid i have the purge port plugged, and the line that comes out from the nitrous solinoid comes out the bottom and to my Shark Nozzle. Now if i wanted to run a purge i would connect a purge solinoid to the purge port and then run a purge line to atmosphere. I hope this all makes sense. The purge port that is on the nitrous solinoid is basicly a passthrough. If you want i can give you a call and try and halp you trouble shoot it.

The port on the left is the purge port the solinoid does not stop flow when closed. The bottom port is the out port, solinoid position affects flow. The port on the right is the In port.
            Last edited by Pewter02Camaro; 09-24-2011, 11:15 PM.
            Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X