Thinking of getting a NX setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of getting a NX setup

Since my turbo is off for the time being I was thinking of going with a NX 15lb bottle setup wet shot.
    I had NOS brand before and dyno tune and it seemed something went wrong almost all the time, I haven't heard any neg. stuff about NX so I was looking at spending a $1200 on a nice kit with bottle warmer , and purge kit. Whats your opinions on NX? I hope Kristen responds I think she has a NX setup. Thanks
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Thinking of getting a NX setup

I picked up a NX 15lb kit today for $400 never used , got 2 nitrous solenoids ( one for purge) and fuel solenoid. All I need now is a blow down tube and bottle warmer also some jets and shark nozzel.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have had real good luck with the NX stuff. I'm sure you will too!
      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

i love the nx wet kit. To be honest i only had one problem with the kit in 6 years. My fuel solenoid got stuck open. i just had to take it apart to clean it and it was fine.

with the wet kit i would say you should be fine going with up to a 75 shot with out a tune(but i would still get one) and anything over the 75 your gonna want to upgrade your fuel system(injectors and pump).

change your spark plugs to ngk tr6 and your fine.

start with a 50 shot for about 10 passes just to see how your car reacts to it. (people who haven't listened to that have paid with many head gaskets etc lol)

do the same with the 75 etc

i stopped at a 125. took me a few years to get there but my god well worth it lol. anything you want to know...just ask
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

what kit did you get Kristen? I thought about going with NX before, but was unsure of the kit I wanted.
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro
          L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
            i love the nx wet kit. To be honest i only had one problem with the kit in 6 years. My fuel solenoid got stuck open. i just had to take it apart to clean it and it was fine.

with the wet kit i would say you should be fine going with up to a 75 shot with out a tune(but i would still get one) and anything over the 75 your gonna want to upgrade your fuel system(injectors and pump).

change your spark plugs to ngk tr6 and your fine.

start with a 50 shot for about 10 passes just to see how your car reacts to it. (people who haven't listened to that have paid with many head gaskets etc lol)

do the same with the 75 etc

i stopped at a 125. took me a few years to get there but my god well worth it lol. anything you want to know...just ask

I had a NOS system before with a 100 to 150 shot but had too many problems with the kit, so I hope this kit will be better. Thanks for the reponses.

Comment

I have had NX for years. My second stage is a dynotune kit. I have been happy with both. The NX kit I bought used off a Honda and it still works great
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I just need some fittings and will do the install here soon.

Comment

are you using a window switch?
                  Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                  1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                  1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                  2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                    are you using a window switch?
                    I used a MSD before when I was a M5, I probably run another MSD just to make it safe. I'm still trying to figure where to mount the 15lb bottle.LOL

Comment

Anyone know of the part # for the fuel rail , so I can run my fuel line , I sold my other one with my other nitrous kit awhile back. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Ordered all the parts I needed and just waiting now for them to come in. Mainly just fittings also need some 10 lb bottles as the 15lb bottle is too long , found some good deals on craigs list. Also will order the purge and bottle warmer kit.

Comment

Got my fuel line ran today and installed my shark nozzel in the TB, just waiting for some parts to run the nitrous side of it.

Comment

just drilled the TB?
                            Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                            1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                            1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                            2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                              just drilled the TB?
                              Yes , just drilled it , pretty easy, just make sure its up stream from the maf.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X