spray nos on innercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spray nos on innercooler

so i seen something about spraying nos on a air to air innercooler but would that realy make it that much colder when ur sucking air and wouldnt it work to probably get a nos show kit and make a custom pipe to spray it on the innercooler and would the innercooler have a chance to be messed up by it being that cold
    Last edited by 3.8lcoty; 06-12-2011, 10:15 PM.

Re: spray nos on innercooler

so i was about to delete this post but i read up on it and it dosent realy work just so if someone was curious or anything its a scam for some money it helps drop temps but only nets like 9 hp gain plus maybe sum if you suck some no2 into your intake hahaha

Comment

It can work, but there are more efficient and cost effective ways to obtain that type of cooling. Spraying CO2 or water onto intercoolers is more common and oftentimes requires less parts to use. Some STis and Evos come with water sprayers for their intercoolers from the factory even.

Honestly, I think if you're going to look at spraying anything, water/meth/nitrous injection is the way to go. Might as well spray it right into the intake air path and directly cool it, rather than trying to cool the intercooler. Then again, you should be able to maintain decent intake air temps with a properly sized intercooler.
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Purge nos into the IC... gets you that 9hpI with something you were wasting anyway.

Comment

I've seen C02 fogger kits for intercoolers as well. I think its more for at the track when your intercooler is heatsoaked and you're not driving around to cool it off.
          96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

i would think that if your spraying the intercooler at WOT it should net you a bigger gain because the air is being pushed into the engine fast and wouldnt really have time to heat up. I would say go with a Co2 kit, cheeper and cheeper to fill.. N20 is about $55 to fill a 10lb bottle by me in NJ. only down side i could see to Co2 is if you have a leak in your intake piping it would rob hp by lowering the O2 in the intake charge. a small shot, say 35-50hp N20 would be a good choice to really cool off the charge though. Good luck!
            Last edited by camarov696; 06-13-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about NOS its too expensive, Methanol injection would do you better.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

NX actually makes a kit specifically for this.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Nitrous-Expres...53512/10002/-1

Comment

Originally posted by Nachius View Post
                  NX actually makes a kit specifically for this.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Nitrous-Expres...53512/10002/-1

i got a kit for about that same price including my wet shot conversion. not including the digital pressure gauge. for the little power gain you would get, i dont think its worth that amount of $$ IMO.

www.dynotunenitrous.com never had a problem with the kit with my last car, easy install, good company. and i really like their Digital displays.

Comment

I think that if you wanna go with spray, put it where it counts

Comment

Originally posted by LoveMy02W68 View Post
                      I think that if you wanna go with spray, put it where it counts
                      x2 .

Comment

spray nooosssss everywhere

seriously, nos is a brand

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X