How much Nitrous can the stock bottem end handle? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much Nitrous can the stock bottem end handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much Nitrous can the stock bottem end handle?

Im putting a brand new 3800 series 2 motor in my car im going to wait till its been broke in around 500-1000 miles and I was wondering whats the bigist shot I can spray with out blowing the motor up?:D

Re: How much Nitrous can the stock bottem end handle?

Stickies are your friend.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=77576
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown View Post
      I have read the stickies Im just wanting to make sure I wont blow my motor. B/c I am wanting to spray a 125 shot off nitrous.

Comment

I did everything the stickies said same spark plugs gaped at .035, headers full 3 inch exhaust polish port heads/polished intake manifold biger mas airflow, ram air intake, small cam, ect the onlthing that hasnt been touched is the bottem end is bone stock with the best pistons rings i could get ahold of, the tougher bearings ect

Comment

I sprayed a 125 and 150 shots before with my mods and it was fine.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

good enough for me lol

Comment

depends, wet or dry shot?
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                depends, wet or dry shot?

I spayed both on mine but my cam was good for nitrous and headers+ 3" exhaust helped too , plus forged pistons. Only bad thing that happed was I ran too rich once and had a backfire in my exhaust and blew open my gutted CAT, so I had a striaght pipe installed.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

wet and wouldnt it help u spraying that big off a shot since u had a forged bottem end? mine is still stock i didnt have the extra 700 dollars to spend on pistons and rods this go around.

Comment

I'm just saying it didn't puddle in the upper intake but it hot here so it might make the difference, colder areas the gas won't evaporate as quick as if it was in a hotter area. Theres guys who have ran high shots on the stock motor but to be safe I would keep it at 75-100. But the bottom end I bet could handle 150 shots as long as there was no KR , A/F was good, and no backfires. Also Diamond pistons and L32 rods were around $900 plus Clev. 77 bearings. :D
                    Last edited by ssms5411; 10-02-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

lol when i get ready to put my lq9 427 stroker in the car we shall see just how much the 3.8 can rly hold haha ill probally stick with a 100 shot i guess wouldnt mind a 150 though dont think it will hold to well though

Comment

well she did hold the 150 shot

Comment

Mine held over 200 a few times. 150 pretty regularly. I had a dual stage wet/dry setup.
                          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon331 View Post
                            well she did hold the 150 shot
                            it'll hold, its all in the tune with these motors. They can handle it as long as you dont knock or misfire.

what did you run?

Comment

I ran a 12.8 on drag radials and i have a full bmr suspenion :( if i wasnt working two jobs i would go get it dailed in more we have been tuning the piss out off it... i dont think ill get to run the v6 that much though b/c where about to do the 427 swap in it...and yes i can afford to tune it alot b/c i wasted money on the computer programs lol i want to do it for a living one off these days

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X