window switch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window switch question

Would I still need a window switch if I have the rev limiter removed via pcm4less? I know the nitrous kit I'm getting is throttle activated and I'm guessing the jets would stop spraying when I let off the gas to shift correct? Is the purpose of a window switch to stop the nitrous a few hundred RPM's before the shift? I'm planning on getting the Zex 82021 kit. I have a 5 speed with Spec stage 2 clutch to handle the extra hp.

I was also checking out the kits at harris speed works and was wondering which dry kit to get. They have one for the 2010 V6 that might work. I think for the most part dry kits are pretty universal for EFI if I'm correct. The reason I was checking them out is because they have a progressive controller available in their kits for $150.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 06-22-2010, 01:05 AM.

Re: window switch question

yes a window switch is needed for nitrous on a manual car. If you go with the zex kit, when properly set up with the window switch, your car will only spray when the system is armed, the car is at WOT, and you are between the rpm window you set on your switch. This is typically 3000-5500rpms or so. The window switch is not just for the top end of your rpms but the bottom as well. Spraying at very low rpms is also dangerous for your engine. Having the rev limiter removed is also not recommended, most mail order tunes raise it a substantial amount and you will most likely never hit the rev limiter but its good to be there just in case. as far as window switches go the digital msd seems to be the champ of them all. I personally run it with a zex dry kit and love it hope this helps.

edit: also, yes dry kits are pretty universal. you have a line that goes into the air intake that sprays nitrous across the MAF its not very specialized. You most likely wont need a progressive controller either. I can not imagine your car throwing down too much power to not hook so take the $150 and spend it elsewhere on a different component of the system.
    Last edited by screamin 99; 07-01-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Check out the Trick Performance Parts (TPP) window switch. It is a pretty dandy little thing.
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold
      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by screamin 99 View Post
        edit: also, yes dry kits are pretty universal. you have a line that goes into the air intake that sprays nitrous across the MAF its not very specialized. You most likely wont need a progressive controller either. I can not imagine your car throwing down too much power to not hook so take the $150 and spend it elsewhere on a different component of the system.
        Good info. To add a a few things, the part of a dry kit that gets a little tricky when trying to interchange them is the part that is hooked up to the fpr. For instance on my NOS kit there is nitrous regulator down by the solenoids that has a vaccume line that goes to the FPR with a jet teed off in the middle. This part controls how much your fuel pressure is raised when the kit kicks in. My car went from about 50-52 WOT to around 80 lbs when the juice kicked in. You just want to make sure you have the correct jet in there and hook the lines up right.

Also, he's probably right that you could spend your $150 better elsewhere, but I don't know about the not hooking part, unless you have some great tires. Have you ever had a 100+ shot kick in in first gear? especially from a launch? Good luck keeping those tires from spinning like crazy.
        Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
        New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

I thought you didn't want to spray in first.
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro
          L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Originally posted by espey_16 View Post
            I thought you didn't want to spray in first.
            i like to go fast in all gears...haha.

have your window switch set to kick in at 3000-3200 and let it rip.
            Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
            New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X