Ya'll ain't gonna believe this ****. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ya'll ain't gonna believe this ****.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ya'll ain't gonna believe this ****.

Originally posted by 1998silverbird View Post
    Is it the crimp connection on the line itself leaking? Mine did the same on the bottle side! Ended up needing to have a new connector put on the one side!!
    Line seems fine. I can see/feel the leak at the solenoid.
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

I know everyone says not not use tape, but I've used tape on every npt fitting on my car and have yet to have a leak or clog. Paste is messy and sloppy. My guess is that people dont put the tape on correctly which is why it leaks or clogs. I could be wrong about that, but I'll use tape over paste any day on npt threads.
      sigpic
      1997 Camaro RS A4
      2006 Chevy Colorado
      2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown View Post
        I know everyone says not not use tape, but I've used tape on every npt fitting on my car and have yet to have a leak or clog. Paste is messy and sloppy. My guess is that people dont put the tape on correctly which is why it leaks or clogs. I could be wrong about that, but I'll use tape over paste any day on npt threads.
        Same here I use tape on some of the fttings when I had nitrous , I just made sure the tape was higher up on the threads so it wouldn't get in the way later when tightened. But I did have one clog from tape and it was my fault not watching and putting the tape to low on the thread.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X