recommended gauges w/ nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommended gauges w/ nitrous

Which gauges do you recommend? wideband, fuel pressure and nitrous psi was what I was planning on. The wideband I found was fairly expensive and I was just wondering if it was really necessary with nitrous. I know a lot of people use it with FI. If I could get it down to just fuel pressure and nitrous psi, I could add a purge kit and A/F lean shut down. I have my AC controls relocated in the glove box and I put my CD player there. I cut a piece of diamond plate to go where the CD player was and I was gonna put the gauges there. I had a in-dash monitor there but due to electrical issues that had to go.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 02-26-2010, 09:22 AM.

Re: recommended gauges w/ nitrous

fuel pressure, trans temp, and wideband are what I run. The wideband is only good if you have a way of tuning your car at the same time. Otherwise it isn't going to help you much if you can't do anything to adjust the a/f ratio. A a/f lean shut down switch is nice to have though in the system. Nitrous pressure isn't needed that much unless you are putting the bottle by the spare tire and can't read it, then it is handy. For me, I have my two bottles where the back seats used to be so I just look back to my gauge when I am heating them up and see where it's at.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I wish I could do that but in NC its illegal to have the bottles within arms reach...And tranny temp how hard is that to install? I know like with the wideband it just uses one of the o2 sensors. I know tranny temp would be nice since I'm using a t-5 and they don't like more than 300 hp but I don't even know where to begin to make that work.

Comment

trans temp is the easiest. At least on the 4l60e it is because there is a factory plug on the side of the trans that you take out and the sending unit threads right into it. Then just a couple wires and you are done.

Comment

I'm gonna have to crawl under there and look for somewhere to put sending unit. I'm sure if the 4l60e has one then the t5 must have one as well. Looks like its gonna be nitrous psi, fuel psi and tranny temp. I believe theres room in the diamond plate for three 2'' gauges. Jegs gauges are decently priced.

Comment

I can get you the full line of autometers otherwise if you want autometer. My pricing on autometer is equal or slightly cheaper than jegs/summit

Comment

whats the pricing on fuel psi and tranny temp with all the fittings and installation parts? I know for the fuel psi I'll need 1/8'' npt fittings and hose and stuff. I know autometer is high tho...

Comment

depends on which autometer line you are looking for and mechanical or elect gauges. Just remember mech. gauges must be mounted outside of the car, by the cowl. It is not safe to be running nitrous or fuel to the gauge in the car.

Comment

I guess I'm looking for the 2 1/16'' black face electric gauges.

Comment

I ran a dynotune nitrous pressure gauge, then autometer fuel pressure gauge, PLX wideband. I had a 829 spare tire botttle mount for a 10lB bottle and a dynotune bottle electic bottle opener worked great. A Areoforce scanner gauge is something to look into also since you can hook up 2 external inputs to it, for nitrous , fuel pressure , or like I will be using EGT.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'm gonna throw this in here to see if someone can answer another question that Beefcake asked me about nitrous- which I know very little about...

I am selling 1.9 rockers from ZZP and he basically wanted to know how they would work with nitrous...
                      Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                      Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

yes they will work just fine with nitrous.

Comment

I thought EGT was used in diesel stuff but I guess you can use it. I just wanted gauges that I really needed and just wasn't for show or whatever. If I had to I guess I could put the analog clock gauge in the third spot lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefcake View Post
                            I guess I'm looking for the 2 1/16'' black face electric gauges.
                            which line of gauges. There are many that meet those details

Comment

I guess they call it the cobalt line full electric sweep right?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X