GT2 Cam with nitrous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT2 Cam with nitrous?

I am thinking of running nitrous on my car around 75 shots.
    My car has GT2 cam, true duels, ported and polished intake manifolds, and a 3.5" intake tube to stock free modded air box with a K&N,
    Basicaly i am just woundering how the nitrous wil work with my cam. my car is untuned.

Dry nitrous

Re: GT2 Cam with nitrous?

Running a cam without a tune? The GT2 isnt a really aggressive grind, but I'd definitely get HPT and get to work on it.

I wouldnt run any amount of nitrous on a cammed car without a tune. But, with a tune you could have a pretty quick car :tup:
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown View Post
      Running a cam without a tune? The GT2 isnt a really aggressive grind, but I'd definitely get HPT and get to work on it.

I wouldnt run any amount of nitrous on a cammed car without a tune. But, with a tune you could have a pretty quick car :tup:
      X2, need a tune or buy Hptuners and the GT2 cam should respond very well to nitrous.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

good to know. what all should be done in the tune?

Comment

depends on your car as to what is changed and by how much. Every car is different as well as weather can play a role in the tune.

But yes you need to get that thing tuned before running nitrous on it.
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop View Post
            good to know. what all should be done in the tune?
            Biggest key is fueling. You are adding more air into the engine, thus you need to add more fuel to avoid going lean and detonating. Nitrous will only exasterbate the matter.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Bird of Prey is correct on the fueling. Also depending on which type of nitrous you go with (wet or dry). Injectors and fuel pump can be an issue. The injectors will need to be upgraded. Don't quote me on this but i believe you can run up to a 125 wet shot without any troubles with injectors and fuel pumps. Anything larger will require them to be upgraded. Also if you have a cam you may even need bigger injectors from the get go. Just keep all this into mind when looking at all this. Nitrous isn't something that you can do cheap so do your homework. Hope some of this helps you.

Comment

Yes , you should upgrade the injectors since just running a mild VS cam with 36LB(33LB) injectors N/A was running 60% duty cycle so the tock ones would be maxing out over 100% or more probably since the GT2 is a bigger cam.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X