3.4l Nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4l Nitrous

I have looked everywhere for a while and not found any information on how to do this the right way.

What does it take to spray a 3.4l that is cost effective?

Re: 3.4l Nitrous

Buy a used kit and used accessories off of ebay, forums or craigslist.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Umm. It will cost you around $400-500 used with everything and maybe $700for everything new.

This is everything safety wise included.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowside View Post
        I have looked everywhere for a while and not found any information on how to do this the right way.

What does it take to spray a 3.4l that is cost effective?
        what exactly are you after? Spraying a 3.4 is very similar to a 3.8 so most topics can pertain to 3.4s as well.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

A dry shot will be cheaper also. I am going to be running a wet shot even though it costs more money just because if i ever decide to swap in a different motor the wet shot will respond better to it. Also how much of a shot are you going to be using or wanting?

Comment

Originally posted by Choppers View Post
            if i ever decide to swap in a different motor the wet shot will respond better to it.
            Wut?
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro RS A4
            2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

yep. Well not respond better but easier to use. Like a 300 wet shot on an ls1.

Comment

Originally posted by Choppers View Post
                yep. Well not respond better but easier to use. Like a 300 wet shot on an ls1.
                um what? I am not following you on this. First a stand alone is needed for the larger shots, plus a shot of 300 would need a heavily built motor for it and stages to the nitrous, so even more money.

Saying wet is better for later on when a motor swap is done is not true every time either. What if the new engine has a poorly designed intake like the 3.8s and loves to puddle the fuel? Yea it won't be pretty.

Comment

GUYS, you cannot dry kit a 3.4l without megasquirt. Which I dont want to do.

3.4l Doesnt have a MAF sensor.

Again, I want to make a thread dedicated to what exactly is needed to put a 75 shot on a 3.4l.

Comment

a dynotune wet kit then is your answer with some other safety items depending on your trans and such. We were unaware from your original post that you want a 75 shot. Need details to be able to answer exactly what you are after.

Again, kits are universal in the way they are used from car to car, not much different spraying a 3.4 over a 3.8, or an ls1, etc. Of course tuning is going to be slightly different depending on PCMs and tuning softwares.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowside View Post
                      GUYS, you cannot dry kit a 3.4l without megasquirt. Which I dont want to do.

3.4l Doesnt have a MAF sensor.

Again, I want to make a thread dedicated to what exactly is needed to put a 75 shot on a 3.4l.
                      Sigh...

Buy any run-of-the-mill wet nitrous kit, bottle heater, purge kit, FPSS, window switch, CAI and cat-back exhaust used from ebay, craigslist, forums or someone local. Go to any local auto parts store for a set of (6) TR6 spark plugs. Thats what you need to be searching for.

END THREAD.
                      sigpic
                      1997 Camaro RS A4
                      2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

OK your getting pissed, because the site that you MOD on lacks information. I am tryin to make a sticky. Something worthy because spraying a 3.4 is not nearly as easy as the 3.8. Thanks for being an *******, when I thought I was trying to help this site a little.

Comment

Im not getting pissed, dude. You are asking for information that is already on the board. Spraying a 3.4 with a wet kit is no different than a doing it on a 3.8 other than lack of tuning which isnt absolutely necessary for small shots (i.e. a 75 shot).

You asked for ways to have a cost effective nitrous setup and I told you how to do that...buy used parts. There's not much to it.
                          Last edited by Shodown; 02-04-2010, 10:28 PM.
                          sigpic
                          1997 Camaro RS A4
                          2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

Here, I'll do a little leg work for ya...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cold-...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Unive...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nitro...Q5fAccessories

Any of those kits will work on a 3.4. Bolt it on, get the necessary accessories and you're good to go. MAF or no MAF...doesnt matter. Carb'd cars were spraying nitrous back in the 70's and 80's without MAF's, your 3.4 will too ;)
                            sigpic
                            1997 Camaro RS A4
                            2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

pm sent
                              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X