NOS 5175 kit bottle nut adapter part#.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOS 5175 kit bottle nut adapter part#....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS 5175 kit bottle nut adapter part#....

Well, I have managed to loss the bottle nut adapter or miss place it some where around the house or in the building.... Love how the mind works sometimes... :rolleyes: I guess your wondering how I have the nitrous hooked up then... :P Here is a link to how my system is hooked up. http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modul...php?f=15&t=118

I use the bottle nut adapter when I unhook the system and take the bottle to get it filled. So, now I'm out of nitrous, and I have no earthly clue where my adapter is... So, I'm going to buy another one. I figured shouldn't be a problem... But, I didn't count on different size bottle nut adapters....

So here's the question, does anyone know the part number for the bottle nut adapter. Or of the two links below from summit racing, does either one of fit the 5175 bottle?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-76507/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-76505/

Hopefully one of those will fit. If not hopefully someone knows the part number. I have googled like crazy with no specific finds :(
    2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
    5 speed
    Project: Unreal
    Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
    2007 Chevy Aveo 5
    Mods K&N air filter:excited:
    www.guardiansworlds.com

Re: NOS 5175 kit bottle nut adapter part#....

I can get you a new NOS one for $15 shipped. let me know
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Most bottle nuts are pretty universal. The NX ones are kind of weird (2 pieces), regular bottle nuts will not work on NX bottles. Of the two you listed, I would guess that the -4AN nut is what you need (assuming your bottle is NOT a NX bottle). It appears that your feed line is a #4.

Edit: I just read your whole post. Most filling stations use a #4 adapter, but in any case, you shouldn't need any bottle nut on it to have it filled; the filler should have whatever size bottle nut is needed to fit their system on hand.
      Last edited by Skinny; 09-21-2009, 10:46 PM.
      -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

97rs4life-->sent you a PM.

Skinny-->Yeah, sometimes the two places around here do. It really matters on who is working. If it's the guys that run nitrous themselves, they usually can fill it up without the nut. But, I have ran into the problem a couple of times, that either place could not fill it, because I didn't have the nut adapter and the guy that usually fills the tank and runs nitrous themselves was not there at the shop. :( So, I always have it on hand when I go now :)
        5 speed

Daily driver
        2007 Chevy Aveo 5
        www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

I forgot the adapter on one of my bottles before to go and fill it, they didn't have there own to fill it with but I lucked out someone else came in to fill theirs and they just used that one to fill mine too, so some places don't have the accessories to fill bottles, this was at Checker also, so it surprised me, didn't even havea extra one on the shelf. $15 is a very good price for a new one shipped, ebay they sell for alot more. I still have alot of nitrous parts that didn't sell , so I might use the nitrous with the turbo who knows.LOL
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

man how do you have all those fittings connected with no leaks lol, i tried running nitrous and i was having leaks on every fitting it was so frustrating

also, arent the bottles supposed to be at an angle, not standing straight up when using them?

Comment

Fondle-->I used some white sealant that I used on the T hook up, for the fuel pressure gauge. I cannot think of the name of the stuff right off, I would need to go to the building and look. But, it did a great job for the T for the fuel, and it also did a great job on the nitrous. However, I think Teflon tape is suppose to be the better stuff do use for nitrous fittings if I'm not mistaking. I think I remember reading that some where. You may want to check with someone else on here to see if I'm correct. I just used the white sealant because I didn't have anything else at the time. I do have one fine pin hole leak up front, which I cannot get stopped. You can barley here it when the lines are full, and I have tried everything but the Teflon tape to stop it. But, it doesn't bother me much, since I keep the nitrous turned off always, unless I'm at the track or testing it, plus that's another great reason I have the remote switch, so I can shot the nitrous off after I use it at the track, to keep the pressure down on the lines, so not as much will leak out. It's not a bad leak though, after I finish running at the drags and turn all the nitrous stuff off, it takes a good hour and a 1/2 to 2hours before the nitrous pressure is at zero in the line.

As for the bottle standing up :) From what I have read and was gave advise on, as long as the tube that runs down the bottle is pointing to the rear of the car, your ok, so with how I have mine set, the tube is pointing at the rear of the car :) I have changed some of the setup of the nitrous system, like I no longer use zip ties, and I put some foam stuff around the spare tire hook up, because it was digging into my bottle, and on the front of the car I removed the 90 degree elbow, because I could not get that thing to stop leaking. Plus I have a HD camera now, so I can get some better looking pics :D

ssms5411--> Nitrous plus a turbo would be swwwweeeetttt :burn:
              5 speed

Daily driver
              2007 Chevy Aveo 5
              www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Never use Teflon tape on fuel or nitrous fittings! Use Teflon paste. It will not get stuck in the solenoids or injectors and cause problems like the tape will.

Anybody ever read the direction that come with there nitrous systems?
                sigpic

Comment

I knew it was Teflon something :) Yeah, I knew that the Teflon tape was a bad idea on fuel, just remember seeing the word Teflon some where for nitrous fittings :P I forget what I used, but I bought it for the T for the fuel pressure hook up, and ended up using it on my nitrous system, worked great so far :) I did read the directions on the nitrous system by the way, just been a couple years since the install, Teflon is all I remember, that's why I told him to check with others on the board ;)
                  5 speed

Daily driver
                  2007 Chevy Aveo 5
                  www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                    The NX ones are kind of weird (2 pieces), but regular bottle nuts work on NX bottles.
                    I stand corrected. I received a NX bottle today (with my new nitrous kit :banana: ) and I see that REGULAR BOTTLE NUTS WILL NOT WORK WITH NX BOTTLES.

I corrected my original post.
                    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

did the nut/washer get there safely?

Comment

Haven't received it yet. When did you send it out?
                        5 speed

Daily driver
                        2007 Chevy Aveo 5
                        www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

sent out on thursday, usually takes about 3 business days to get to VA. Should be there today or tomorrow I would assume

Comment

Got it this evening :) Thanks :) Guess what I found this evening as well.... My other one... LOL.. :rolleyes: Surely I won't be able to miss place two of them now... :p
                            5 speed

Daily driver
                            2007 Chevy Aveo 5
                            www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X