1997 LT1 cat(s) what do i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 LT1 cat(s) what do i do?

Okay, so i took my Z to the shop to have my cat removed and upon returning he said that he didn't do it because of an issue. for one it has (2) cats, one up in the very front right under the manifold and the cat under the floorboard. He says he has to figure a way to make a new bracket for the exhuast because the hangers for the cat under the passenger floor helps support the whole exhuast. and he didn't want to go ahead and cut that one cat and leave the one up under the manifolds on because he was afraid it may harm the engine. What do i do here?

Re: 1997 LT1 cat(s) what do i do?

Originally posted by 1994camaroV6 View Post
    Okay, so i took my Z to the shop to have my cat removed and upon returning he said that he didn't do it because of an issue. for one it has (2) cats, one up in the very front right under the manifold and the cat under the floorboard. He says he has to figure a way to make a new bracket for the exhuast because the hangers for the cat under the passenger floor helps support the whole exhuast. and he didn't want to go ahead and cut that one cat and leave the one up under the manifolds on because he was afraid it may harm the engine. What do i do here?
    Buy an off road Y pipe.

Comment

Why would you want to remove the CAT? If if it not defective pulling it can only do more harm then good. If an exhaust shop has a problem coming up with a way to make a bracket anywhere on an exhaust system take you car and drive away as fast as possible. They have no idea what they are doing.

Comment

what year is your car?

edit, nevermind

off road y pipe or just pull them off and hollow them out and put them back. or he could just not be a vagina and just weld some piping in its place. its not hard.

as to the guy above me... because its a v8 and pulling them lets them breath. lt1s exhaust is a restictive peice of ****.
        Last edited by vanbibber; 08-28-2009, 06:43 PM.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

ya, remember to buy O2 simulator tho, so you dont' end up throwing a god damn SES code, I HATE THOSE THINGS WITH A PASSION!
          And as a btw, don't goto that exhaust shop ever again, they should have been able to help you out a hell of a lot more than they did. If they said they could remove a CAT and can't handle doing that, with a pretty damn common exhaust configuration, they don't have a clue what they are doing. And I mean come on, it's a camaro! they need to know how to do that! It's like the number one most commone V8 camaro mod!
          Last edited by tcrenegade50; 08-29-2009, 02:32 PM.

Comment

buy some LTs and a ORY. problem solved

87 Firebird RIP
            96 Camaro RS RIP
            94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
            02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X