headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers

does putting on aftermarket headers throw a code?

Re: headers

http://forum.camarov6.com/search.php

but since i'm nice, no it won't. however if you do more than just the headers, like replace the cat with a highflow or !cat then yes it will throw a code.
    Last edited by bigairboarder44; 08-12-2009, 06:15 PM.

Comment

ok well i haven't bought headers yet due to the fact i was unsure about getting a code, i was going to buy a high flow cat and the place that i was gonna buy it from says OBD-II compliant, does that mean it won't throw a code or what?

Comment

yeah you will. well, you may or may not, but if you don't want to throw a code, then you're going to either have to get an O2 sim or a tune.

Comment

so just stay with the headers and leave the cat alone?
          will the headers affect the exhaust sound? like i've heard flowmasters and they alwayssound ricey at the top end..

Comment

if headers didn't affect the sound then half the people that put headers on their cars wouldn't have them. Yes they of course affect the sound
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ok well basically i'm asking, if i buy pacesetter headers, cutout(location to be determined), and i have two glasspack mufflers and some cherrybomb tips, but i haven't decided whether to use only one muffler or both, but will it sound like a ricer,(or go search v6 camaro flowmaster into youtube and listen to what i mean)

Comment

any setup will have its rasp because of it being a V6, however headers alone will help reduce rasp drastically. if it were me, i would only use one muffler.

Comment

well what do u think the pros and cons are to using one versus two mufflers?

Comment

i think the only difference you'll see using two mufflers instead of one is it will be quieter and maybe some hp loss because of the increased backpressure. but if you're talking about replacing the cat with a muffler, then go for it.

Comment

no, i was gonna go over the axle, then break off into two pipes with a muffler and a tip on each, i'll still have a cat. do you happen to know about the best places for cutouts? i heard pre cat is the loudest but raspiest, post cat is quieter but not as raspy? what do you know of these?

Comment

unfortunately i don't know much about cutouts..i still have the stock exhaust lol..but what i'm going with (soon) is headers, a 3" high flow cat, 3" dynomax cat-back. ssms5541 praises the super turbo muffler so i thought i'd try it out. as far as cutouts go, i'd talk to ballermaro13. i know he has a cutout, but i'm not sure if it's pre or post-cat.

Comment

1 muffler.

cutout, performance-wise, pre-cat, sound-wise post-cat.

I have my cutout right after the ypipe, before my cat and it is ubber loud and shakes the car. But then again I have a full fledged built engine with cam and all so my sound is gonna be a bit louder
                          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ok, shakes the car eh? well does it sound bad?

oh and i have a high flow cat, but is it even worth putting on, i know i'll throw a code but is it worth the HP gains, and does it change the sound quality?

Comment

yes it will sounds better, you might gain 1hp or so, and it shouldnt throw anycodes

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X