thinking about a true dual set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about a true dual set up

I just recently bought my own welder and now that i can do all the welding myself im looking into doing my own x-pipe true dual system.

I already have long tube headers and was thinking of using this stuff in my exhaust. Probably will do 2.25'' all the way back

2 of these mufflers
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/IMM-16804/

and something like this to get me started and dump it just before the axel

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-642125/

comments/suggestions?
    Last edited by Meatyshells; 07-17-2009, 03:55 AM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: thinking about a true dual set up

I had true duals before I tore my car apart, and will probably do it again, but I remember posting that, and most feedback I got was that true duals were worthless and a waste of time and money on a V6... but I loved mine... I had mine go over the axle, but I like the idea of dumping before, just wouldn't have looked right with my body kit, I say go for it just the way you're planning... should be fun
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I think it sounds great how it is, or when you didn't have the resonators in the exhaust tips it was freaking loud and sounded outstanding. I would just cam it again with a bigger cam. Which welder did you go with? Going to use gas?
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        I think it sounds great how it is, or when you didn't have the resonators in the exhaust tips it was freaking loud and sounded outstanding. I would just cam it again with a bigger cam. Which welder did you go with? Going to use gas?

yep i love your exhaust sound meaty, I went and did the exact same thing lol except i have shorty headers and it sounds great to me.
        1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
        1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
        1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
        2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
          yep i love your exhaust sound meaty, I went and did the exact same thing lol except i have shorty headers and it sounds great to me.
          His exhaust was really loud with the T-Tops off and running without the resonators in the tail pipes but it sounded really mean. But you would never be able to talk on the phone or listen to the radio. I say leave it Meaty, take the resonators out if your looking for more loundness because your car sounds fine. Or if your wanting to quiet it down with a good tone I have the SummitTurbo 3" muffler with a 3" turn down for you if you want it to try it out.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

have you changed your set up since the clip in the exhaust section? still headers-cat-borla-turndown-dump before axle?
            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
              have you changed your set up since the clip in the exhaust section? still headers-cat-borla-turndown-dump before axle?
              big time

i basically have the slp loud mouth system with straight pipe in place of the "muffler"
              but then stuck super traps on the end of each tail pipe.

steve i went and bought the Lincoln Pro Mig 140. I plan on getting gas for it, but havent yet
              Last edited by Meatyshells; 07-17-2009, 01:28 PM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

whoa hmmm do you have a sound clip of the new set up?
                1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X