poor boy intake! another home made intake lol - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

poor boy intake! another home made intake lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poor boy intake! another home made intake lol

so i got bored, and kinda got bashed from my last intake i made so i decide to come up with another idea, this is kinds my version of the whisper lid or any after market lid i guess, its not done, i just started but this week i have been testing it and its made a big difference in power and mpg, i used to average 250ish miles per tank, and im already at 180 miles and still have over half a tank

anyways what i did was cut the top off and cut the factory outlet oval piece off, then got a 3" pvc pipe that would fit directly into the throttle body, and fiber glassed it all up, so now i have a straight line into my throttle body, 3" circle outlet, and a much higher lid thats smooth on the inside, i will get pics of it on the car once the high temp paint is finished drying

its pretty much as big as i can go before my hood wont close

please excuse the dirty engine bay

once again like i said its not done and im still working on a few things, but any suggestions would are appreciated
    Last edited by Fondle; 07-08-2009, 08:45 PM.

Re: poor boy intake! another home made intake lol

I'm intrigued as I want to mod mine too...

Comment

it was actually pretty easy and very cheap, only cost me about 10$ in suplies, alot better than paying 100-300 for a similar lid,

Comment

I never thought I'd say this but.. I'm impressed Fondle. Good Job :tup:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Hey, thats a damned good job. :bowdown: r3spekt

I really need to think of something for this @#$%ing angled TB.
          sigpic
          98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

thanks alot lol, im starting to get the hang of how everything works, and figured i could do something with that old stock lid laying around, i actually started this because i couldnt find the rubber piece that went on the oval part of the stock lid, so i was like whatever ill just fiberglass a 3" circle lol, anyways, its a new project of mine

Comment

How about some close up pics? Did you sand much? What tools used and how much time invested?

Comment

i used a little metal bit on a air drimmel to cut the old lid off, then fiberglass resin and fiberglass cloth to re fiberglass it, 3" pvc for the new outlet, a little bit of bondo to seal make it smooth, some bbq pit high temp paint, and various grits of sandpaper to get it perfectly smooth, (100,150,300,10000) i didnt have to sand very much, i used a rubber blade used to apply window tint to spread the bondo so it just filled in the crack and took away the access it didnt take much time to do, most the time i was inside waiting for the fiberglass/ bondo to dry

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                  I never thought I'd say this but.. I'm impressed Fondle. Good Job :tup:
                  lol when he gets it right, he gets it right.

fondle, great work man. u should write up a how-to summary for a sticky and let us know how the actual testing goes.
                  pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                  gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Def. make this a sticky. Maybe include step by step instructions...

Comment

well ill do a write up and guide if someone wants to donate a stock lid i will make a nice guide with pictures

Comment

Thats awesome, great work! :tup: Take some more pics like what it looks like inside the lid.
                        Sticky!
                        3M MAFIA
                        ________
                        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                        sigpic

Comment

Id buy another lid, pay to ship, buy materials, and pay for your time. But....

I have an angled TB. I dont suppose you have a pre 99 laying around there do you?
                          sigpic
                          98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

i dont have one, i know a guy who does though, but idk if he would be willing to let me use his car for a little to try and make it fit, do you have a picture of your engine bay? so i could get some rough ideas

Comment

Hey Fondle, I will ship you my 99 lid so you can do it all over again and I'll buy yours :) Serious!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X