Does exhaust tip make a difference?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does exhaust tip make a difference??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does exhaust tip make a difference??

Hey, I currently have a 2.25 exhaust all the way back. Will putting a 2.5 tail pipe after my Borla single in/out muffler give me better tone or is the 1/4 inch upgrade at that specific location useless?
    Thanks.

Re: Does exhaust tip make a difference??

it might sound a bit different.

-Y87
    Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

To clarify, I'm talking 2.5 from the muffler back. I've read that an exhaus t system should be like a funnel, starts small and ends big. Is this why I see tuners with huge tips? :rolleyes:

Comment

i thought you werent supposed to have a funnel or also called a bottle neck, and no they have huge tips because they are idiots

Comment

it's a better idea to try and keep your pipe size all the way back as constant as possible, that way you have a constant, steady evacuation. the actual tips dont really matter much, but the pipe size from the muffler back depends on how you have the single muffler mounted. transverse, no difference. if it's a Borla Bullet in the I-pipe, it'll make it a bit deeper if you go 2.5 from the I-pipe back.

Comment

Tunners have the Big tips so they can have somewhere to put the stick to push it home when it breaks down.

Comment

Well, I posted on another thread that I'm going to do an intake mod and see if that helps the exhaust note. If not, I will try a 2.5 pipe from the muffler to the tip and see what that does. In all I will have less than $50 for both mods so it is an affordable test I suppose. I'll post results...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X