Muffler or headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffler or headers?

I have a 2.5 inch magnaflow v6 fbody muffler and a 3" magnaflow highflow cat, I want a clean, and faster sounding rev, not like a v8 but more like a euro sound not rice. If I can only choose between a borla cross flow muffler or pacesetter headers, which is the best choice? Im on a limited budget and going to college.

Re: Muffler or headers?

I'm not too sure you're going to get much of the high-revving tone of a euro car with a 3.8 motor. Closest you could get would probably involve swapping in one of the Cadillac/Camaro LLT motors. If you already have a magnaflow muffler, I'd invest in the headers and see what you think of it after installing those.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Well, the borla's a nice muffler, but the headers will give you a nice tone, performance gain, and better gas mileage.

Comment

Dont know what year you have but if its pre 98 with the log style manifolds I would definitely get the Pacesetters.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2088 View Post
          Dont know what year you have but if its pre 98 with the log style manifolds I would definitely get the Pacesetters.
          Log style manifolds would be on the 99 and earlier year cars.
          '99 Camaro
          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Run the Xr1 by borla and a cam. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMdRV9ZHH3M

Comment

Originally posted by insaneABOT View Post
              Run the Xr1 by borla and a cam. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMdRV9ZHH3M
              That car had a lot more done to it than just a borla muffler and a cam. Nice try, though.
              '99 Camaro
              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I would just go with a 3" exhuast from your CAT and go with a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with a 3" turn down.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You could try exhaust tips w/ resonators in them. I got a pair off sumitt made by hooker. They def change the sound. The inside of the tip looks like a glasspack turned around backwards. I tried making a sound clip, but not only did it sound bad; it sounded completely different than it does in person.

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                    I'm not too sure you're going to get much of the high-revving tone of a euro car with a 3.8 motor. Closest you could get would probably involve swapping in one of the Cadillac/Camaro LLT motors. If you already have a magnaflow muffler, I'd invest in the headers and see what you think of it after installing those.
                    agreed^

go for the headers and complete your exhaust, see how you like the change, and then save up for the borla muffler you like down the road.
                    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X