P0146 code + connector pinnout.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P0146 code + connector pinnout.

At one time I had an o2 simulator on my car. It slipped down and drug on the ground, causing damage to the plug and the sim. I cut off the plug and hard wired it directly to the o2 sensor, as the simulator was no good. Recently I took the car (96 bird) to the shop because I had a slow response SES code from B1S3. They replaced the o2 sensor with a universal one. A few miles down the road the SES came back on with a different code. Now I have P0146, no response from B1S3.

My thoughts are that there are two possible issues:

1. The spliced wires may not be fully connected somewhere.
    2. The mechanic may have mismatched the wires due to the original connector being gone.

Does anyone know what the original pin out is on the connector? I have a green wire, a black wire, an orange wire, and a brown wire. On the o2 sensor, I have two white, one grey, and one black. How should these match up?

I've searched the forums, and the internet with no luck.

I really appreciate your help!
    1996 3.8 Firebird with some mods

Re: P0146 code + connector pinnout.

Update: I redid all of the connections to make sure all were making contact. This made no change. I think maybe the sensor is wired wrong. Can anyone help?

Currently it is wired from the sensor to the car as: grey-black, white-orange(or maybe it's a shade of brown), white-light brown, black-green.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

I fixed it. The mechanic wired it wrong. In case anyone needs to know this in the future, the pre-cat o2 sensor is wired the same and served as an example. I pinned out the 12v source (orange) and the ground (black), so I new those went to the two white wires of the universal o2 sensor. Next I ran connectivity to the o2 sensor casing ground on the grey wire and then checked the front o2 and found it connected to the green wire from the car. This left the brown wire as the signal.

I wired it all in with wire connectors with heat-shrink ends, cleared the codes, and drove it until all the I/M monitors showed ready - NO CODES!

Hope this helps someone!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X