Please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!!!

i just installed some new OBX stainless headers,but in the process i lost the correct firing order,but then i used the correct one which i hope is this

1-cylinder 6
    4-cylinder 5
    __
    5-cylinder 4
    2-cylinder 3
    __
    3- cylinder 2
    6- cylinder 1
    I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL OTHERS AND THEY HAVE ALL BACKFIRED AND SOMETIMES NEVER STARTED SO THIS HAS TO BE THE CORRECT ONE.

Now the problem is this, when i first started it, it idled weird,like i had a cam and when i drove past about 3000 RPM's it felt rough and felt weak or heasitant,and i always had a check engine light but now it's strangely gone,i scanned it and it said no activity bank 1 sensor 3 which is correct because i lack a cat and the sensor after it.then on my way home i notice a little difference as the idle smoothed out and when i revved it felt a little better but still way to rough,then i scanned it again but i got the same code for the o2 and then i got another code saying RANDOM CYLINDER MISFIRE? if the firing order is correct then it must be a bad plug?or a bad coil pack? which i changed the plugs a couple months ago,BTW does it matter if you switch the positions of the coil packs,like put the first one second and the second one first? Im sorry for all the questions but im really stressed and cant take anymore,i fell horribly considering the fact i spent over $450 on headers+install and my car is not 100% please guys help out if you can,i would really appreciate it alot,ask me questions that might hint an answer,thanks alot guys im counting on you.:cry:
    Last edited by Richardcoelho; 06-22-2009, 05:51 PM.

Re: Please help!!!

6 5
    4 3
    2 1

1 is front drivers side of the engine

im a bit confused, the number on the coil indicates what spark plug it goes to, so 6 should be cylinder 6, not 1

Comment

IDK it'sconfusing but it has to be right the car is throwing a random misfire code which i was told that it is bouncing off cylinders so it can be a coil or the crank sensor,hopefully i can find out tomorrow

Comment

A little better illustration:

Make sure that none of the wires are touching the headers and if you haven't, be sure that the plugs are properly gapped.
        '99 Camaro
        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

yep thats how i have it,i checked the coils and there are fine,but now i have a lean code,dont know why but it's there.Still have to check the crank sensor.

Comment

did you get new plugs? maybe they are gapped wrong, or maybe you cracked the ceramic on them putting them back in

Comment

or like pace said. check the wires on the headers. i had the same thing with me. it burnt right through the boot.

Comment

the plugs are the same before the headers and they worked fine,i also checked the gap and it was correct 0.060 and the wires are fine along with the coils that were putting out 30000 volts,im probably going to change the crank sensor tomorrow,also the car is wasting fuel like a mother****** so i doubt i have a cloged fuel filter,also ran injector cleaner and replaced #1 injector since i got a misfire on that cylinder once,but i still get random multiple misfires so im thinking the crank sensor may have gone bad not to mention i started getting vibrations at high revs before the install.

Comment

The crank sensor will throw a code if it is bad , you have to take off the balancer I believe to get to the crank sensor, cam sensor is the easiest to get to. I would check the balancer to see if it has dry rottted from the inside causing vibrations. A bad fuel injecor will through a PO300 , I had one doing it for a year back in the day , never could find it until the motor was rebuilt. Like said double check wires fo cracks, burns and check coils to make sure on all the way. You could also ohm test the injectors 11-18 should be good , but if one is clogged it will still read normal which happened to me.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

get 90 degree plug wires
                    if your stock wires touch the headers youll get ramdom code
                    headers, high flow cat, slp loudmouth
                    powerdyne supercharger 6psi
                    GT2 cam. all done by myself :banana:
                    Hell yea

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      The crank sensor will throw a code if it is bad , you have to take off the balancer I believe to get to the crank sensor, cam sensor is the easiest to get to. I would check the balancer to see if it has dry rottted from the inside causing vibrations. A bad fuel injecor will through a PO300 , I had one doing it for a year back in the day , never could find it until the motor was rebuilt. Like said double check wires fo cracks, burns and check coils to make sure on all the way. You could also ohm test the injectors 11-18 should be good , but if one is clogged it will still read normal which happened to me.
                      Man im so F***** pissed right now.i spent over $200 for scans and came up with speculation,it may be this or that,they said it's running lean at idle but smoothes out after 1000 rpms and it still misfires so i really think your right on the injector thing cause the car has been sitting for over a week and may have gotten clogged when the gas settled.

Comment

Just changed the MAF and nothing different,next ill check the fuel filter and injectors,if that doesn't work ill swap PCM's,and if that doesn't work ill drive it off a cliff,too bad florida doesn't have any:rant:BTW i got a lean code on bank 1 and on bank 2 so there is too much oxygen and not enough fuel.

Comment

Do you know if you have a good fuel pressure reading?

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
                            Do you know if you have a good fuel pressure reading?
                            Yes sir i do,but it could still have a clogged injector i think.

Comment

A bad crank sensor usually wouldn't lead to a misfire. A bad one of those either gives you no spark at all, random stalls, and if your lucky a code.

I just got over a 4 month battle with my car about that noise

im thinking injector(s) is your problem

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X