• Show
Clear All

• Egr valve in 2000 cam. Clean?

Is there an effective and easy method to clean rather than replace
    the EGR valve?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Egr valve in 2000 cam. Clean?

yeah take the egr off and flip it around and dump some carb/chock cleaner in there and get a little brush and try and brush the insides out the best you can

Comment

That is a way to clean it, although it's not very effective.
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

was told once to remove it...and just bang the ever living **** out of it on a counter until all carbon build up falls out, I also used carb cleaner, filled it up and used a screwdriver to move the valve up and down to clean it off with the cleaner and then drained it...let it dry and tried again...

needless to say I ended up replacing it anyways...

you thought about just "deleting" your EGR completely from the system? of course someone will have to delete the code...then you'll remove it and cover up the hole on the manifold/header...

Comment

Originally posted by ne0hisda0ne View Post
          was told once to remove it...and just bang the ever living **** out of it on a counter until all carbon build up falls out, I also used carb cleaner, filled it up and used a screwdriver to move the valve up and down to clean it off with the cleaner and then drained it...let it dry and tried again...

needless to say I ended up replacing it anyways...

you thought about just "deleting" your EGR completely from the system? of course someone will have to delete the code...then you'll remove it and cover up the hole on the manifold/header...
          same here, i cleaned mine over 10 times and the code would just keep coming back, so i just bought a used one

Comment

Originally posted by ne0hisda0ne View Post
            was told once to remove it...and just bang the ever living **** out of it on a counter until all carbon build up falls out
            Who in the hell told you that? Because that's how I clean things too.. I beat the **** out of them.... :rolleyes: You should see my paint job after I wash my car.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Be careful not to break any bolts when messing with all of that. Can turn a 15 minute project into a nightmare, ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                Who in the hell told you that? Because that's how I clean things too.. I beat the **** out of them.... :rolleyes: You should see my paint job after I wash my car.
                Although it may sound funny, and frowned upon, that is probably an effective way of getting the carbon to break apart.

But yea, just buy a new EGR.
                *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                  :twak:

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
                    Although it may sound funny, and frowned upon, that is probably an effective way of getting the carbon to break apart.

But yea, just buy a new EGR.
                    have you ever seen caked on carbon on things like pistons/cylinder heads, or other engine parts?

it dont come off very easily, and wont come off if you just start to bang on it

Comment

Just.. please please please don't tell members to beat their engines. Honestly, people will do these things.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Your car looks much better than the new Camaro I saw at the dealer yesterday.
                        The EPA gas mileage is actually one mpg lower than my 2000. So in 8 years
                        they have been able to reduce mileage on the V-6.
                        Can we blame this on the union assembly people? I think the engineers are at fault
                        here and its sad that this is the BEST they can do.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarbor View Post
                          Your car looks much better than the new Camaro I saw at the dealer yesterday.
                          The EPA gas mileage is actually one mpg lower than my 2000. So in 8 years
                          they have been able to reduce mileage on the V-6.
                          Can we blame this on the union assembly people? I think the engineers are at fault
                          here and its sad that this is the BEST they can do.
                          yeah but the engine has over a hundred more hp
                          i'll give up 1mpg for a hundred hp any day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X