need help with catback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with catback

first off, the exhaust on the car as of now is completely stock, manifold back. I bought a high flow cat and am debating whether or not to swap the stock cat out with my new high flow one, it's a 3" I/O thunderbolt high flow cat and claims it won't throw a code.

My questions are, will it throw a code?
    How much different will it cause in HP/TQ and sound?

I also have two glasspack mufflers(3" I/O) and tips, it's a tad bit tight under there so I'm debating, should I do one muffler before the axle, go over the axle then break apart to two tips or just fit the two mufflers, two tips.

What are the advantages and disavantages of each? HP/TQ wise and sound quality?

Re: need help with catback

are you asking 1 glass pack to 2 tips vs 2 glass packs to 2 tips?

Comment

high flow cat wont throw a code. wont change sound. itll help with hp/tq but probably not enough to even notice honestly.

you should just get a catback which will be a larger diameter pipe. the muffler will be after the axle, not before. it will sound better depending on what system you go with. hp/tq increase will be small but will still be an increase.

Comment

The glasspacks will be loud and raspy. I had one in place of my muffler way back it sounds good at low RPMs but will be raspy when you get on it but thats pretty much all mufflers I guess.

I have a Flowmaster muffler with two 2.5 slashed tips for sale if your interested. Would go nicely with your cat.
        1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
        1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
        1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
        2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Don't get glasspacks. I have a flowmaster on mine. Sounds pretty good.
          Leonard
          www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
          sigpic

Comment

a glasspack before the axle leaves u with 2"-2.5" of ground clearance, so u would knock it off on a speed bump. however u could put a glass pack in place of the cat

personally, iw ould say no glasspacks. i have a flowmaster that sounds pretty good. but if i had it to do over again i would spend the $$$ for a borla cat-back

Comment

just say no to glass packs. your car will sound so terrible it might catch fire.

flowmaster,magnaflow or borla are your best bets. most everything else is so-so on sound IMO.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
              Or this

Comment

Flowmasters in my opinion sound like poop. They eventually rust out, sooner than later if you live in certain climates. As of right now, dynomax is a really nice muffler for sound. I really couldn't tell you HP/TQ gains but really an exhaust system is a supporting mod to whatever you get done to your engine. Pretty much anything with at least 2 1/2 in piping system will be more than enough for general mods.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Flowmasters are priced for a certain reason.

I love my Magnaflow but man I do wish I could have gotten a Borla. mmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X