Exotic carbs / intake for a 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exotic carbs / intake for a 3.4

I finally got around to taking some pics of my intake set up for the 3.4. This is some pretty wild stuff. I need a big cam and have some headers that are sort of chin, they don't make much for a 3.4. I'm going to run a Mallory unilite and port match the heads. If nothing else, it will look the nads.
    I think I'm going to have to run a cowl hood. :cry:
    I'm an onion. How do you post pics without the link??
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mad Max; 06-09-2009, 07:32 AM. Reason: Dumbness

Re: Exotic carbs / intake for a 3.4

[img][/img] code :D

Cool looking intake though.
    Leonard
    www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
    sigpic

Comment

Wow keep us updated on the progress never seen that setup before!

Comment

you will probably have to run a cowl hood and also cut the cowl panel out to fit those carbs in

if i were you, i would look into some type of an adapter to remove the trips and go with a single carb, i would think a little 390cfm vacuum secondary carb would be great

Comment

so what exactly are you doing?? 3 weber carbs? what size are they? it looks like the first pic is two carbs on the intake and the rest look like two carbs on the intake, but 3 barrels instead of the two 2 barrels? where did those headers come from?
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I have run the 390 CFM carb. I have 2 S10s with them. They work ok, but I think this will produce more power. It will definately be wild looking. The only 4 barrel manifolds available for the 60* V6 are the Edelbrock Torker II (really a Performer model) and Offenhauser manifolds. The Offy is rare, they call it a Dual Port - it has a crazy double port design. I'll post pics when I return home in August.
            This Weber set up is as close to fuel injection as you can get. The Webers have so many jets you can change, they can be tuned through the whole power band. (Idle bleed, transition jet, accelerator pump, and main jets.) The carbs (both sets) came off of a 72 Porsche 911 and the three 2 barrels are from a 67 Porsche 912. The manifold is an experimental GM part the bolts to the bottom half of a 60* multiport injection manifold that has been modified to close off the injector ports and part of the passages. The intake runners are pretty long, so it will benefit from intake velocity.
            Almost every early European race car used this style of carb for racing. They really work well. Each cylinder will have it's own barrel to breath through. They also have stainless velocity stacks which I forgot to put on for the pics.
            I think this will be the only intake system like this on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
              so what exactly are you doing?? 3 weber carbs? what size are they? it looks like the first pic is two carbs on the intake and the rest look like two carbs on the intake, but 3 barrels instead of the two 2 barrels? where did those headers come from?
              I actually have 2 sets fo carbs. The first pic is of three 2 barrel Weber 40 IDFs, with 32 mm venturies. I didn't put the third one on the manifold. The second set of carbs are Zenith 40 TNNs. They are 2 three barrel carbs off of a 72 Porsche 911. I haven't decided which way to go yet. I guess I'll try both to see which works the best. They will probably perform the same.
              The headers are from Heddman. They are shorties and are for an S10 Chevy. They look like they will possibly fit in a Camaro, if not, I will put them in one of my S10s. They have 2 1/2 inch collectors. I'm going to run a 3 inch cat / exhaust with a 2 1/2 to 3 inch Y pipe.

Comment

thats gonna be BA!! i run two webbers on my big bug engines. do you know the size of the carbs? i run twin 44s. do you have extra jets? i need some air correction and mains.
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

the headers arent gonna work... sorry. the tubes for our headers are equally spaced apart.

i think, hold on, im researching.

im wrong they may just work. i get into this mentality even though its right in front of me that everyone drives a 3.8...and this is totally labeled 3.4
                  Last edited by flamingchicken; 06-09-2009, 11:26 AM.
                  Team NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                    thats gonna be BA!! i run two webbers on my big bug engines. do you know the size of the carbs? i run twin 44s. do you have extra jets? i need some air correction and mains.
                    I have a complete set of 40 IDFs for VW dual ports. Everything needed including linkage and air filters.
                    The carbs I am going to use are 40s. I am trying to decide which to use. I have a set of 2 three barrel 40 TNN Zeniths also.
                    I do have lots of Weber jets, but I am on assignment in Baton Rouge until August. I have a pretty good assortment of mains, air corrections etc. Alot of guys sell them on Ebay. I've bought a few sets there.
                    I was debating running a Grand National 3.8 also, there is a guy in Port Allen, LA with 2 for sale. He wants too much $$, I might flash cash and see if he goes for it. I'd have to run a Mega Squirt system, he doesn't have any electronics.
                    Another interesting engine is the Chev ECOTEC supercharged 2.4. There's a guy here running mid 12s with a big exhaust and a 75 shot of spray i a Cavalier SS. FWD blows - I wonder what that would do in a RWD vehicle. Camaro / Firebirds are a little heavy for something that small.

Comment

Aren't they using the ECOTEC in the Sky / Solstice? They are RWD. They are pretty nice all round from what I hear. Make's Miata's look like a flaming chicken.

Oh, sorry flamingchicken, that came out kind of wrong. I didn't mean that your like a Miata.

Now that I think about it, what does that mean? flamingchicken? "Flaming" - like hot? fast? fire? *****? - "Chicken", like bird, scared, penis?

Comment

flaming=fire chicken=bird
                        Team NoVa

Comment

Hell yeah, that's gonna be sweet!!!
                          1997 Chevrolet Camaro
                          L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

actually, it's a super chicken. old school like the 6pak. Should be fun tuning it, either egt or just pull plugs.

somone photochop a hood w/hole in it just big enough for the stacks to go through. or maybe a scoop w/filter around it as in dual 4v style.
                            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                            94 comero 3.4

Comment

looks like your accounts inactive there ndogydog!
                              Team NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X