What is the best Cold Air Induction kit for a v6 Camaro?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best Cold Air Induction kit for a v6 Camaro??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best Cold Air Induction kit for a v6 Camaro??

i just got my new SS hood and im looking for a CAI kit to pair up with it!! which one would yall recommend?? Its a 2000 but i heard that you can customize the CAI kits for the 93-7 camaro and make the fit on the 98-02 models:banana:

Re: What is the best Cold Air Induction kit for a v6 Camaro??

search slp cai for 98-02, plenty of sites have them. pulls air from under the nose and in front of the radiator into the air box.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by cv6amaro View Post
      Its a 2000 but i heard that you can customize the CAI kits for the 93-7 camaro and make the fit on the 98-02 models:banana:
      Why would you downgrade from a lid intake, to a snorkel?

Comment

that would be pointless. the stock set up you have right now is way better than any 93-97 setup.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

yeah, I don't get that...the reason for the SS hood is so you can take advantage of the "ram air" function...unless you got a non-functional hood which in that case you could of easily done that with your stock hood and just mounted a scoop on it...

*sigh* rookies...

Comment

If you wanted make use of a functional SS hood, you could try to get your hands on a WS6 ram air box and adapt it to your intake. It would look something similar to this:

http://www.suncoastramairhoods.com/e...?productID=414

But you would probably get the best results out of a whisper lid, k&n air filter, and 98-02 SLP CAI combo.
            '99 Camaro
            '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
            '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

do a search please

but i love my k&n fipk.
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i have been thinking about the fipk over my lid...better or worse?
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

fosho. i had the cai and whispter lid than the fipk. fipk ftw
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                    after blowing it up at least twice, i'd imagine so

Comment

i'd vote slp cai, k&n filter, and whisper lid.
                      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

had nothing to do with my intake
                        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I wish I could make my SS hood functional , but I can't so 4" K&N in the fenderwell.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                            FIPK is a real nice kit. And comparing prices of the FIPK vs the lid and cai, it evens out, especially since the lid is very hard to find now.

Comment

Is the SS hood really ram air? It's position on the hood looks like it's rather low. I've heard that a lot of those scoops they have been putting on production cars generate vacuums and are more for looks than function, most famous are the stock "heat extractors" on 4th gens. (at least GM gave them the right part name, even if they are supposed to look like nonfunctional intakes). I've even seen aftermarket "intakes" for the already nonfunctional heat extractors. WTF anyone would want to convert a heat extractor into an intake? I'm off on a tangent.

Anyways... Has anyone done any testing on the SS hoods?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X